• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

.PDT values in PzC
12-02-2012, 12:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012, 12:08 PM by raizer.)
RE: .PDT values in PzC
you have to balance that with the game...you could argue the french could build bunkers in the ardennes in 1940, just as the US in 1944-but this would tilt the game unfavorably to the defender.

I'll argue that the Engineers would have been more pressed to blow bridges and create obstacles in the face of an overwhelming invasion and bunker building would take a back seat to wiring bridges and trees.

Just 3 bunkers, on the other side of the rivers, in bulge 44, could wreck a carefully tested scenario; Stavelot, Tres Points and Clarveaux. Not to mention the others that would pop up over 180 turns.

In F40, in the N Id build one at huy, at dinat and in the S take your pick-not to mention that there are a lot of supply sources in big cities.

So bunkers, rail cap, movements-all of it in the pdt have to be very carefully vetted and agreed upon b4 any scenario. For all this is worth, I do like the pdt values in our newest game, m42! But that does not mean they cannot change in the future!
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2012, 04:58 PM,
RE: .PDT values in PzC
(12-02-2012, 10:47 AM)FM WarB Wrote: Bunker building ability should vary by geography. It seems to me that in the Ardennes, with plenty of trees for logs, engineers could better build bunkers than on the Steppes or in the desert.

Wonder how the Fre French fortifies Bir Hakeim? Not many trees there to fell as you say. Guess they used something almost as tough? Deep trenches?
The BUNKERS at Bir Hakeim in EA42 seem to play right.

At the operational level of PzC different fortifications really only represent better positions, not actual Trenches, BUNKERS etc as one see in tactical war games. At least that is how I have looked at it.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply