• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F 14 suggestion
11-20-2012, 05:07 PM,
F 14 suggestion
Perhaps a rule or prohibition on British and French units voluntarily occupying the same hex? Mex Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012, 07:43 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: F 14 suggestion
I don't see why. If they had to intermix then they would of (and in some cases did at 1st Ypres). There is already a command penalty of sorts in that they cannot attach units to each other, so if someone wants to mix them up beyond that, then I don't see a reason to artificially prevent that from happening.

My only guess as to where this is coming from is that someone decided it best to stack a BEF battalion with a French battalion. BEF for the soft attack and French for the assault, but meh, that is one fat target than can be punished by fire quite handsomely.

Send this user an email
11-21-2012, 08:34 AM,
(11-21-2012, 07:43 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: I don't see why. If they had to intermix then they would of (and in some cases did at 1st Ypres). There is already a command penalty of sorts in that they cannot attach units to each other, so if someone wants to mix them up beyond that, then I don't see a reason to artificially prevent that from happening.

My only guess as to where this is coming from is that someone decided it best to stack a BEF battalion with a French battalion. BEF for the soft attack and French for the assault, but meh, that is one fat target than can be punished by fire quite handsomely.

It sent a chill up my spine thinking of the casualty numbers Helmet Smile
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
11-25-2012, 03:36 AM,
British and french Battalions in the same hex OK. Sir John French and Lanrezac in the same room NOT OK! :-)
11-25-2012, 05:37 PM,
(11-25-2012, 03:36 AM)FM WarB Wrote: British and french Battalions in the same hex OK. Sir John French and Lanrezac in the same room NOT OK! :-)

Wait, this concept was your idea! I thought you knew what you were talking about. Jester
11-26-2012, 06:05 AM,
(11-25-2012, 03:36 AM)FM WarB Wrote: British and french Battalions in the same hex OK. Sir John French and Lanrezac in the same room NOT OK! :-)

Good one, very true. Big Laugh

Send this user an email