• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I dea for new players
11-24-2012, 03:34 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  I dea for new players
Greetings again,

Most of you know that i am a new player, with Eagles Strike and Vietnam in hand for only four days now. Though I have little experience, I want to share something that has helped me, and I would recommend it to the powers-that-be to place it somwhere quite visible and handy to newcomers.

I recently started a new game, but I chose the option to play as "two player Hot Seat." Then I chose the scenario "Busy Bosses" and proceeded to play BOTH sides via the hot seat option.

This has taught me a lot about the nuances of the game! Seeing which units 'vanish' upon the change of the 'player' has helped me to understand concealment. Seeing the auto-defensive fire, has helpd me learn about that.

For any newcomer to the system, I would recommend playing a game or three using the hot-seat option. 2cents2
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2012, 11:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-25-2012, 02:55 AM by gabeeg.)
RE: I dea for new players
That really is an excellent suggestion, I just I would have done this as a rookie...might have saved me some grief.
11-24-2012, 12:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-24-2012, 12:34 PM by Volcano Man.)
Yes, actually this is how I played just about every scenario in SB:FWW (in addition to playing other people of course). And the best part about it: you always win! ;)
Send this user an email
11-24-2012, 12:36 PM,
I never played the AI. I signed up for front line service and learned from
folks like Chad, Jose, Dennis and Dan Jester
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
11-29-2012, 04:57 AM,
(11-24-2012, 12:36 PM)Richie61 Wrote: I never played the AI. I signed up for front line service and learned from
folks like Chad, Jose, Dennis and Dan Jester

The AI does OK on the defense, but has some severe shortcomings if you let it be the attacking side.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4