• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Moscow '42: 61st Army?
11-21-2012, 11:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012, 11:51 PM by ComradeP.)
Moscow '42: 61st Army?
According to the campaign notes for the winter campaign, Bryansk Front isn't represented aside from 61st Army.

However, in the December-February GC, the army is missing in its entirety (it also doesn't arrive as a reinforcement) and only 3rd Army is on the map.
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2012, 01:36 AM,
RE: Moscow '42: 61st Army?
(11-21-2012, 11:50 PM)ComradeP Wrote: According to the campaign notes for the winter campaign, Bryansk Front isn't represented aside from 61st Army.

However, in the December-February GC, the army is missing in its entirety (it also doesn't arrive as a reinforcement) and only 3rd Army is on the map.

Dammit, you're right Yikes

Ok - I need a day or so to check my references on when/where these units entered the map. A cursory glance looks like it is late December. As soon as I confirm the above, I will post new scenarios for the Grand campaign and the December month campaign scenarios.

As there are now a few corrections popping up, I wil post a separate thread with all changed files in it for download.

More to follow and thank you ComradeP for spotting the error.

David
11-23-2012, 01:05 AM,
Strela, could you please let us know in this thread when this army is supposed to appear? I want to be sure that my GC does not proceed past that date before the patch comes out.
11-23-2012, 01:31 AM,
According to what others posted, we can patch the game whilst playing, without a need to restart, but do additional reinforcements work? Some wargames, like WitE, don't recognize some code changes until restarting the scenario.
11-23-2012, 03:08 AM,
Changes made to the scenario itself, such as reinforcements, releases, etc are not reflected in active games. So any game already started when the 61st is added in won't ever reflect that change. The only things impacting current games would be unit rating changes, PDT values, map changes, maybe a few more minor items. These are not scenario specific and are stored outside of scenarios/games and so will update right away.

Hope this helps
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-23-2012, 05:03 AM,
not good... So I'll be missing an entire army if I keep playing, or just a couple of divisions?

11-23-2012, 07:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2012, 07:01 AM by ComradeP.)
A Soviet "army" is basically a (reinforced) corps. You'll miss 6 divisions and a Tank brigade.
11-23-2012, 12:39 PM,
Yeah, I know what a Sov army is, I just didn't know if the whole thing will be represented on-map, or if portions remain off-map. This is definitely a do-over if the whole army is missing.
11-23-2012, 06:19 PM,
Yeah - sorry guys. I'm disappointed this one slipped through. Ricky B has it right, changes to the OB & PDT files work in existing scenarios, but items handled in the scenario editor do not update.

If you are desperate to continue an existing game and want the additional reinforcements, I have a methodology that will work for that particular game but it is not a universal fix. PM me if you want that kind of fix.

The new files will be ready this weekend.

David