• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Reporting for duty
11-19-2012, 09:49 AM,
Reporting for duty
Greetings all.

Please forgive my stepping in to address my betters. I SALUTE you all.

Know that Eagles Strike and Vietnam are enroute this location and upon the briefest indoc with the AI, I shall present my self for training under fire. I do hope that some of you continue to play these selections of the SQB system, and are perhaps willing to engage a most novice butter bar lewey.

Until such time as we meet upon the field, I remain,

Your obedient servant,

Jones

[slaps forehead] "Oh wait, wrong era." Let me try again,

"Sheesh, bub, cancha help a guy out?"
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 10:17 AM,
RE: Reporting for duty
Well whenever your ready for a game there are a lot of guys who will be glad to play a game with and offer tips and answer any question that you have.
11-19-2012, 12:45 PM,
Hey Jones,

Look me up for Eagles Strike Smile
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
11-19-2012, 01:37 PM,
Welcome Aboard Jones! The Squad Battles series is very addictive and tons of fun. There are alot of guys here that would be more than willing to show you the ropes and help you get your feet wet. I've got both of those titles, so if you want a game, let me know.
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!" - LT Aldo Raine
11-20-2012, 02:44 AM,
Welcome aboard. If you've got any questions feel free to post 'em up on the board. You'll find the crew around here very helpful with new players and veterans alike.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
11-20-2012, 07:46 AM,
The games have arrived. I repeat, the games have arrived.

I would appreciate anyone interested in an "under-instruction" game with a novice player. Something small, quick, maybe even FOW OFF so I can learn a bit.

And yes, I will be playing the AI - - - Sleep is highly overrated!!
11-20-2012, 07:58 AM,
(11-20-2012, 07:46 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: The games have arrived. I repeat, the games have arrived.

I would appreciate anyone interested in an "under-instruction" game with a novice player. Something small, quick, maybe even FOW OFF so I can learn a bit.

And yes, I will be playing the AI - - - Sleep is highly overrated!!

I will give you a game of eagles strike if its a small scenario, but lets not play with FOW off , try that against the AI, It will remove a lot of the fun against a human.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
11-20-2012, 11:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2012, 11:25 AM by Jeff Conner.)
If you want a training game, pick one and send it my way. I'd be happy to walk you through a game. We can make it a non-competitive game if you like. You can turn fog of war off if you want also, but it does take most of the surprise out of the game. And I would recommend that you spend some time reading the manual rather than just playing against the AI.

Jeff
jefferyconner at suddenlink dot net