• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FWW Installation issues
11-18-2012, 10:17 PM,
FWW Installation issues
I just downloaded FWW, and I am running XP. When I start the install program I get the message:

"This installation package could not be opened.Contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Any ideas? While playtesting with Vista I had no problems, but this is the backup laptop I using now. Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:41 AM,
RE: FWW Installation issues
(11-18-2012, 10:17 PM)Mad_Dog Wrote: I just downloaded FWW, and I am running XP. When I start the install program I get the message:

"This installation package could not be opened.Contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Any ideas? While playtesting with Vista I had no problems, but this is the backup laptop I using now. Thanks for your thoughts.

Have you sent this to http://johntillersoftware.com/Support.php

It would seem the download was corrupted. When I downloaded the file it was FirstWorldWar_100.msi with a file size of 304461. I would try the download again but make sure you delete the old one first.

11-19-2012, 04:07 AM,
I still run XP 100% of the time and I had no problem with my FWW download. It loaded up fine.
11-19-2012, 06:30 AM,
(11-19-2012, 02:41 AM)fastphil Wrote:
(11-18-2012, 10:17 PM)Mad_Dog Wrote: I just downloaded FWW, and I am running XP. When I start the install program I get the message:

Have you sent this to http://johntillersoftware.com/Support.php

It would seem the download was corrupted. When I downloaded the file it was FirstWorldWar_100.msi with a file size of 304461. I would try the download again but make sure you delete the old one first.

I think that might be it, my first download got interrupted and I didn't delete the interrupted file. Trying it again now, thanks!

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier