• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hot Key Assignment?
11-26-2019, 04:25 AM,
RE: Hot Key Assignment?
Marvellous work 76mm. 

I hate to be a pain but could you update your PzC Hotkey.exe file with the change and post it here please? Using the preset PzC hotkey 'Y' to show movement range with the new hot key '6' to show saved movement definitely speeds up things. 

Ian
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2019, 05:08 AM,
(11-26-2019, 04:25 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: Marvellous work 76mm. 

I hate to be a pain but could you update your PzC Hotkey.exe file with the change and post it here please? Using the preset PzC hotkey 'Y' to show movement range with the new hot key '6' to show saved movement definitely speeds up things. 

Ian

DITTO!!
11-30-2019, 07:19 AM,
(11-26-2019, 04:25 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: Marvellous work 76mm. 

A couple of things:
1) Sorry, I just saw this post;
2) Don't understand what you mean by "the new hot key '6' to show saved movement"...do you mean "Save Movement Costs" under the Command menu?
3) I don't know why I couldn't get the old way working again, but with the new way you need to list the name of the .exe for each Panzer Campaigns or Modern Campaigns that you want to use it with, so an exe would be useless unless I add which games you plan to use it with. That should work, although note that I don't have any Modern Campaigns so can't test it myself.
11-30-2019, 08:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2019, 05:11 PM by Green.)
(11-30-2019, 07:19 AM)76mm Wrote: A couple of things:
1)  Sorry, I just saw this post;
2)  Don't understand what you mean by "the new hot key '6' to show saved movement"...do you mean "Save Movement Costs" under the Command menu?
3)  I don't know why I couldn't get the old way working again, but with the new way you need to list the name of the .exe for each Panzer Campaigns or Modern Campaigns that you want to use it with, so an exe would be useless unless I add which games you plan to use it with.  That should work, although note that I don't have any Modern Campaigns so can't test it myself.

I think 'Plain Ian' and 'tbridges' just wanted and updated version of the old PzC.exe file, so I have attached a version that should work for all PzC games. I do not have the Modern Campaigns either but am happy to add them if someone wants to provide the .exe names.

.zip   PzC.zip (Size: 510.84 KB / Downloads: 17)

Edit: Attachment updated to include the FWWC's.
11-30-2019, 11:33 AM,
(11-30-2019, 08:00 AM)Green Wrote: I think 'Plain Ian' and 'tbridges' just wanted and updated version of the old PzC.exe file, so I have attached a version that should work for all PzC games. I do not have the Modern Campaigns either but am happy to add them if someone wants to provide the .exe names.
Did you just add all of PzC exe names? Before the Gold updates I'd figured out how to get them to work with the PzC "class", but don't remember how at this point...
11-30-2019, 12:03 PM,
(11-30-2019, 11:33 AM)76mm Wrote: Did you just add all of PzC exe names?  Before the Gold updates I'd figured out how to get them to work with the PzC "class", but don't remember how at this point...

Yes, that is all I did. No doubt there is an easier way but while we are waiting for someone to let us know what it is, at least this works.

Surprises me that more people are not interested in this. I find it incredibly useful. I am using a different version to the one I uploaded as I had some different hotkey priorities but after only using it for a few days I am  already totally dependent on it!
11-30-2019, 03:12 PM,
I can't even play these games anymore without AutoHotKey, drives me crazy.
12-03-2019, 08:08 AM,
(11-30-2019, 08:00 AM)Green Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 07:19 AM)76mm Wrote: A couple of things:
1)  Sorry, I just saw this post;
2)  Don't understand what you mean by "the new hot key '6' to show saved movement"...do you mean "Save Movement Costs" under the Command menu?
3)  I don't know why I couldn't get the old way working again, but with the new way you need to list the name of the .exe for each Panzer Campaigns or Modern Campaigns that you want to use it with, so an exe would be useless unless I add which games you plan to use it with.  That should work, although note that I don't have any Modern Campaigns so can't test it myself.

I think 'Plain Ian' and 'tbridges' just wanted and updated version of the old PzC.exe file, so I have attached a version that should work for all PzC games. I do not have the Modern Campaigns either but am happy to add them if someone wants to provide the .exe names.
Edit: Attachment updated to include the FWWC's.

Thanks boys. Downloaded the file and it works perfectly with Moscow 42 Gold. Hotkey Y toggles all reachable hexes, and hotkey 6 toggles hexes which can be moved to but still allow you to move out of T mode. Two keys just next to each other. Marvellous. 

Only one slight change I'd recommend though. Change the 6 key to 7 or possibly 8? If you stick your index finger (pointer finger) over the Y key, my index finger is actually just up and above over the 7/8 keys. Of course I'm right handed.

I think its about time I had a look at hotkey and find out how to map for myself. I can't keep on asking other people to do all the work. <G>

Maybe there is way to use the keypad numbers?
12-03-2019, 10:47 AM,
(12-03-2019, 08:08 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: Only one slight change I'd recommend though. Change the 6 key to 7 or possibly 8? If you stick your index finger (pointer finger) over the Y key, my index finger is actually just up and above over the 7/8 keys. Of course I'm right handed.

I think its about time I had a look at hotkey and find out how to map for myself. I can't keep on asking other people to do all the work. <G>

Plain Ian,

I have attached the PzC.ahk file so you can edit it. This is what you do;

1) Right click on the file and select 'edit script' from the menu.

2) Scroll to the bottom and you will see "6:: Send !cs   ; 6 - Save movement costs".

3) Change the 6's to either 7, 8, 9 or 0 depending on the key you want to use.

4) Close and save the file.

5) Right click on the file and select 'compile script' from the menu. This creates a new version of the PzC.exe file.

That is all there is to it. Unfortunately the numbers 1 to 5 cannot be used as they are already assigned as hotkeys. The same applies to the keypad numbers.

Any problems, let me know.

John

[attachment=4842]
12-04-2019, 07:30 AM,
(12-03-2019, 10:47 AM)Green Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 08:08 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: Only one slight change I'd recommend though. Change the 6 key to 7 or possibly 8? If you stick your index finger (pointer finger) over the Y key, my index finger is actually just up and above over the 7/8 keys. Of course I'm right handed.

Plain Ian,

I have attached the PzC.ahk file so you can edit it. This is what you do;

1) Right click on the file and select 'edit script' from the menu.

2) Scroll to the bottom and you will see "6:: Send !cs   ; 6 - Save movement costs".

3) Change the 6's to either 7, 8, 9 or 0 depending on the key you want to use.

4) Close and save the file.

5) Right click on the file and select 'compile script' from the menu. This creates a new version of the PzC.exe file.

That is all there is to it. Unfortunately the numbers 1 to 5 cannot be used as they are already assigned as hotkeys. The same applies to the keypad numbers.

Any problems, let me know.

John

When I right click on the file, the command "Edit script" does not appear on my menu? I'm using a current version of Windows 10.