• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hot Key Assignment?
09-08-2013, 09:07 PM,
RE: Hot Key Assignment?
OK, have added all three files to my profile, hopefully you can find and download them now?
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2013, 10:37 PM,
Hello 76mm, I recon it is not possible to acces files on your profile unles you provide link to files themselves in a form of direct link.

Regards
Send this user an email
09-08-2013, 11:49 PM,
Aaargh, I don't remember it being this complicated when I posted the last files. Try this link to my profile, with all three files:

Link to Profile
09-09-2013, 01:20 AM,
(09-08-2013, 11:49 PM)76mm Wrote: Aaargh, I don't remember it being this complicated when I posted the last files. Try this link to my profile, with all three files:

Link to Profile

When I try this link to your profile all I get is a blank page entitled "Root" and it says "empty folder".
09-09-2013, 02:49 AM,
(09-08-2013, 11:49 PM)76mm Wrote: Aaargh, I don't remember it being this complicated when I posted the last files. Try this link to my profile, with all three files:

Link to Profile

Can you not attach the files to a post as you did in post #18 of this thread?
09-09-2013, 03:12 AM,
(09-09-2013, 02:49 AM)Foul. Wrote: Can you not attach the files to a post as you did in post #18 of this thread?

I'll try this again; if you see a txt file, it should be renamed as an ahk file, I could not attach a file with this suffix.

Attached Files
.zip   PzC Hotkeys v5.zip (Size: 549.68 KB / Downloads: 28)
.txt   PzCv5.txt (Size: 1.57 KB / Downloads: 42)
09-10-2013, 08:39 AM,
Hey 76... I'm having a hard time getting this going...can you email me, please?

Thanks.

tbridges at outlook dot com
09-10-2013, 12:44 PM,
(09-10-2013, 08:39 AM)tbridges Wrote: Hey 76... I'm having a hard time getting this going...can you email me, please?

Will do, but do you mean e-mail you the files, or instructions, or what?

To start the exe file just install it, and an icon should appear in your windows tray (bottom right in Windows 7). Then start any PzC game and try some of the hot-button combos to see if they work (Ctrl-H (Hide Units) is a good one to test with).

If the hotkeys don't seem to work, try Alt-Shifting a few times, for some reason sometimes the script turns itself off until you Alt-Shift.
09-11-2013, 01:46 AM,
(09-10-2013, 12:44 PM)76mm Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 08:39 AM)tbridges Wrote: Hey 76... I'm having a hard time getting this going...can you email me, please?

Will do, but do you mean e-mail you the files, or instructions, or what?

To start the exe file just install it, and an icon should appear in your windows tray (bottom right in Windows 7). Then start any PzC game and try some of the hot-button combos to see if they work (Ctrl-H (Hide Units) is a good one to test with).

If the hotkeys don't seem to work, try Alt-Shifting a few times, for some reason sometimes the script turns itself off until you Alt-Shift.

OK, thanks, that worked. But if I have to use two keys ("Ctrl" and "H") its not much help for me. I need a hot key to be a single key.

I understand that the existing single hotkeys already hard-coded in the game cannot be overridden. However, it looks like a number of single keys are still available. For instance, the numbers #1 - #5 are in use but the numbers #6 - #0 are not. So how would I use one of those, say #6, to be a hotkey for "Save Movement Cost"?
09-11-2013, 01:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 01:46 PM by 76mm.)
(09-11-2013, 01:46 AM)tbridges Wrote: I understand that the existing single hotkeys already hard-coded in the game cannot be overridden. However, it looks like a number of single keys are still available. For instance, the numbers #1 - #5 are in use but the numbers #6 - #0 are not. So how would I use one of those, say #6, to be a hotkey for "Save Movement Cost"?

I think you should be able to do it, although I have not tried using a single key so cannot promise. Here is a sample line from file:
^e::Send !vm ; Ctrl+e - toggle Elevation Contours

the ^e on the left is the trigger, in this case Ctrl+e. So in your case I guess you would just use "6" (without quotation marks). Then include the "::Send" (without quotes) and then enter the keys required to trigger that action using the menus. The ! means Alt, which activates the PzC menu and allows you to use key presses to select menu items, so you need !cs (for Alt + c [for Command menu] + s [for save movement costs]. So altogether you would need: 6:::Send !cs

OK, I've already tested it, it works; here is it in ahk (ie, txt) format and exe. Hotkey for save movement costs is 6.

Attached Files
.zip   PzC Hotkeys v5xx.zip (Size: 546.26 KB / Downloads: 14)
.txt   PzCv5xx.txt (Size: 1.61 KB / Downloads: 29)