• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hot Key Assignment?
11-25-2012, 05:27 PM,
RE: Hot Key Assignment?
If anyone is interested in the compiled version, let me know, I should be able to post that as well. The advantage of that approach is that you dont have to install AutoHotKey and you can see in the windows tray if the macros are active, as Vsadek described above.

For me these hotkeys make a big difference in playability.
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2012, 07:24 PM,
I have created some additional icons that can be used while compiling AHK script, to suit different tastes. Smile

[Image: 6621df649dicon_pack.png]

These are standard .ICO files and included in attached ZIP.

Attached Files
.zip   Icons_pack.zip (Size: 76.13 KB / Downloads: 32)
Send this user an email
11-26-2012, 04:32 AM,
(11-25-2012, 05:27 PM)76mm Wrote: If anyone is interested in the compiled version, let me know, I should be able to post that as well. The advantage of that approach is that you dont have to install AutoHotKey and you can see in the windows tray if the macros are active, as Vsadek described above.

For me these hotkeys make a big difference in playability.

Interested.

But please explain what you mean by the "compiled version" and how it is different than running AHK.
11-26-2012, 04:45 AM,
Vsadek already basically explained the difference in post #12, but mainly the difference is that to run the ahk file you need to install AutoHotKey, and with the compiled version you just run an exe file. I like the compiled version better because the icon in the system tray shows when it is running.
11-26-2012, 05:24 AM,
I should also mention the main advantage of using the ahk file: it is a simple text file so you can open it, revise it, review it to make sure it is not full of malicious code, etc. With the exe file you don't know what is in there! The best approach might be to download the ahk file, install AutoHotKey, and compile it yourself, it is really easy!
11-29-2012, 06:01 PM,
Vsadek, I've noticed that every now and then the script stops working, and to get it working again I need to restart the game--have you encountered this problem?
11-29-2012, 08:55 PM,
76mm, I have not encountered such issue yet and I am using the script intensively (currently with Tobruk ‘41).

I have optimized the code by shortening the If statement. Attached is the ZIP archive and inside is the .AHK file.

You can modify your own shortcut keys using Send command, as you did before. Remove all of my Click commands, in case you still have them.

Just put the Send in between If statement and return command:

Code:
If WinActive("ahk_class AfxFrameOrView80") or WinActive("AfxFrameOrView80s")

Insert your Send commands here

return

See the attached .AHK file and let me know how this works for you

Regards

Attached Files
.zip   PzC.zip (Size: 621 bytes / Downloads: 10)
Send this user an email
11-29-2012, 09:39 PM,
Great, I will take a look. having these hotkeys is very helpful, so I'm thinking about adding more.

Is your Tobruk game a big scenario? I'm using the script with the M42 GC and am wondering if some kind of memory issue might cause the script to stop working, althought that doesn't seem to make sense...
11-29-2012, 10:35 PM,
I play against AI and prefer smaller scenarios. I am still learning mechanics of the PzC and do not find myself ready for huge campaigns or joining PBEM’s against (experienced) human opponent. Other issue for me is lack of time I can afford for playing, due to the professional and family commitments.

I am using HP ProBook 6550b notebook as playing machine with 2GB RAM, Intel i5 CPU, Win 7 OS (32-bit) and *sigh* Intel "HD" graphics. Smile

So far, haven’t experienced any issue with PzC performance that I could positively connect to some hardware or memory problems.
Send this user an email
11-29-2012, 11:41 PM,
Just to be clear, I don't have any (and have never had any) performance issues with the game, but sometimes the AutoHotKey script stops working until I restart the game.