• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hot Key Assignment?
01-02-2020, 04:58 AM,
RE: Hot Key Assignment?
I've finally figured this out... smh

When I first installed and set up AHK, I copied the setup and the script to my OneDrive in order to install this to my laptop.  For some reason, the auto-hotkey exe file was looking for the script on OneDrive and not the one on my desktop.  Once I edited the script on the cloud, it started working.

Thanks again!
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2020, 05:03 AM,
(01-02-2020, 04:40 AM)The Real Rake Wrote: I've confirmed that it is not an issue of leaving a space between the lines.  I have all 4 of the other modern campaigns.  All of the exe files are as you have them named except for NGP; that file is NGPlain.exe.

I appreciate your help.

Rake

Try this.

PzC Hotkeys.zip
01-04-2020, 07:17 AM,
(01-02-2020, 05:03 AM)Green Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 04:40 AM)The Real Rake Wrote: I've confirmed that it is not an issue of leaving a space between the lines.  I have all 4 of the other modern campaigns.  All of the exe files are as you have them named except for NGP; that file is NGPlain.exe.

I appreciate your help.

Rake

Try this.

PzC Hotkeys.zip

It's all working...  Thank you once again!
01-04-2020, 08:02 AM,
(01-04-2020, 07:17 AM)The Real Rake Wrote: It's all working...  Thank you once again!

Yes, our posts crossed. Glad you sorted it out.

John
01-05-2020, 01:17 AM,
Thanks a lot for this!
Just tried it and worked perfectly.

How did you come up with the shortcuts in the .ahk?
Can I use the ALT-key as well?

I'm thinking about changing the file to mirror the hotkeys of the PanzerBattles series to not get confused when switching games.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
01-05-2020, 04:04 AM,
(01-05-2020, 01:17 AM)KAreil Wrote: How did you come up with the shortcuts in the .ahk?

I'm thinking about changing the file to mirror the hotkeys of the PanzerBattles series to not get confused when switching games.

You can insert whatever hotkeys you want if they are not already used in the game.  You can probably do that as well with autohotkeys although you will need to figure out how.  

To use the Alt key AFAIK you just need to replace the ^ with ! (although I've never actually tried this, I use the Ctrl key).
01-05-2020, 04:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 06:04 AM by Green.)
(01-05-2020, 01:17 AM)KAreil Wrote: Thanks a lot for this!
Just tried it and worked perfectly.

How did you come up with the shortcuts in the .ahk?

You could add come consistency between the PzC and PzB but it would be marginal.

For example because the T hotkey has different functions between the two games there is nothing you can do to change that. You could add a CTRL T hotkey to PzC but this would just give you two ways to enter Travel Mode. Not very useful. And since T and CTRL T hokeys are both used in PzB, you cannot change either.

It is a shame there is not some way to fix this as it causes me endless problems. I think the two games really should either have consistent hotkeys or allow users to create their own hotkey mappings. Virtually everyone who plays PzB also plays PzC, so having to remember two different sets of hotkeys while using an almost identical interface, is not ideal.
01-05-2020, 06:28 PM,
(01-05-2020, 04:04 AM)76mm Wrote: You can insert whatever hotkeys you want if they are not already used in the game.  You can probably do that as well with autohotkeys although you will need to figure out how.  

To use the Alt key AFAIK you just need to replace the ^ with ! (although I've never actually tried this, I use the Ctrl key).

Thx.

Do you have a link for a proper documentation of the syntax?

Sorry if that was provided in the older pages and I missed it.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
01-06-2020, 11:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 11:19 AM by 76mm.)
AutoHotKey has pretty extensive documentation, which I've not really explored much:
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/AutoHotkey.htm

Here is a description of how to remap keys (which should allow you to change existing hotkeys):
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/misc/Remap.htm

There is also what appears to be a pretty active forum where you can go for help:
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/

I just saw that there is something called "AHK Studio" which is a development environment for AutoHotKey, it might be worth exploring:
http://www.maestrith.com/ahk-studio/

Generally AHK is a very powerful tool that goes far beyond using for in-game hotkeys. Maybe someday I'll have time to explore it further.
01-06-2020, 11:42 AM,
(01-06-2020, 11:07 AM)76mm Wrote: Here is a description of how to remap keys (which should allow you to change existing hotkeys):
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/misc/Remap.htm

I was unaware the ability to remap keys. That could be very useful. As I understand it, this means you could actually create PzC hotkeys that are consistent with those in PzB. Of course there are a number of PzB hotkeys that have no corresponding menu item in PzC, but at least for those in common a consistent hotkey could assigned. Worth investigating I think. Thanks.