• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hot Key Assignment?
12-04-2019, 08:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2019, 01:15 PM by 76mm.)
RE: Hot Key Assignment?
I think you need to install AutoHotKey to get that right-click menu, and to compile the ahk file to an .exe. You can download it here: https://www.autohotkey.com/

Autohotkey actually has a ton of features, we are just scratching the surface; if you Google around, you should be able to figure out how to do what you want to do.

[EDIT] For PzC specific stuff, of course hopefully you can get most of your questions answered here!
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2019, 09:08 AM,
(12-04-2019, 08:04 AM)76mm Wrote: I think you need to install AutoHotKey to get that right-click menu, and to compile the ahk file to an .exe.  You can download it here:  https://www.autohotkey.com/

Yes, of course. Knew I had forgotten something Rolling Eyes
12-07-2019, 08:48 AM,
76mm & vsadek ...  a BIG Thumbs Up

I don't know how I missed this other than that the original post was from 7 years ago; thanks, too, to whoever resurrected this.  I've been away from PzC for some time, had just started two campaigns (MG '44 & S '42) and have been cursing the lack of hot keys.   Cry   AuotHotKey is a godsend.  I can see that I will need to add several more "CTRL +" entries and, thankfully, there is room for more.

I also do not think I will ever be able to play any of the JT series again without AHK.

Thanks again,

Rake
12-08-2019, 05:58 AM,
(12-07-2019, 08:48 AM)The Real Rake Wrote: I also do not think I will ever be able to play any of the JT series again without AHK.
Join the club! Let us know if you have any questions.

Tweaking the autohotkey files is not very difficult. If someone figures out how to change the existing hotkeys with autohotkey, let us know. I think it is possible but have not been bothered enough to spend the time to figure it out.
12-08-2019, 06:32 AM,
(12-08-2019, 05:58 AM)76mm Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 08:48 AM)The Real Rake Wrote: I also do not think I will ever be able to play any of the JT series again without AHK.
Join the club!  Let us know if you have any questions.  

Tweaking the autohotkey files is not very difficult.  If someone figures out how to change the existing hotkeys with autohotkey, let us know.  I think it is possible but have not been bothered enough to spend the time to figure it out.

Has anyone tried this with Danube Front?
12-08-2019, 08:22 AM,
(12-08-2019, 06:32 AM)tbridges Wrote: Has anyone tried this with Danube Front?
The existing files won't work, because you have to add the name of the game's exe file to the ahk file for it to work...I don't think anyone has done that. Give us the name of the exe and your existing ahk file (if you have one) and I'm sure if you ask really nice someone would do it for you. :-)
01-02-2020, 12:24 AM,
(12-08-2019, 08:22 AM)76mm Wrote:
The existing files won't work, because you have to add the name of the game's exe file to the ahk file for it to work...I don't think anyone has done that.  Give us the name of the exe and your existing ahk file (if you have one) and I'm sure if you ask really nice someone would do it for you. :-)

The existing files won't work, because you have to add the name of the game's exe file to the ahk file for it to work...I don't think anyone has done that.  Give us the name of the exe and your existing ahk file (if you have one) and I'm sure if you ask really nice someone would do it for you. :-)

I've tried getting this to work with DF85, but I'm having zero success.  I've added DanubeFront.exe to the script, but nada in-game.  Works fine in all WWII games.  I'm out of ideas and it's difficult playing without these keys since I've been using them in PzC.  Help anyone?

[Image: AHK_Danube.jpg]
01-02-2020, 12:40 AM,
(01-02-2020, 12:24 AM)The Real Rake Wrote:

I've tried getting this to work with DF85, but I'm having zero success.  I've added DanubeFront.exe to the script, but nada in-game.  Works fine in all WWII games.  I'm out of ideas and it's difficult playing without these keys since I've been using them in PzC.  Help anyone?

01-02-2020, 04:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 04:15 AM by Green.)
(01-02-2020, 12:24 AM)The Real Rake Wrote: I've tried getting this to work with DF85, but I'm having zero success.  I've added DanubeFront.exe to the script, but nada in-game.  Works fine in all WWII games.  I'm out of ideas and it's difficult playing without these keys since I've been using them in PzC.  Help anyone?

It should work fine for all the Modern Campaigns. I only have Middle East '67 but it is working for that.

I can upload another version with the Modern Campaigns but I need the program names. My assumption is that they are as follows;

DanubeFront85.exe
FuldaGap85.exe
NorthGermanPlain85.exe
Korea85.exe

If someone can confirm that I will fix it.

But I suspect the problem you are having is that you have not left a space between 'or WinActive("ahk_exe France14.exe")' and 'or WinActive("ahk_exe DanubeFront85.exe")'. Just putting them on separate lines is not enough and in fact is not even required. I did it like that as it made it easier to read but it is really one long line. So a space is needed in front of each 'or'.
01-02-2020, 04:40 AM,
(01-02-2020, 04:12 AM)Green Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 12:24 AM)The Real Rake Wrote: I've tried getting this to work with DF85, but I'm having zero success.  I've added DanubeFront.exe to the script, but nada in-game.  Works fine in all WWII games.  I'm out of ideas and it's difficult playing without these keys since I've been using them in PzC.  Help anyone?

It should work fine for all the Modern Campaigns. I only have Middle East '67 but it is working for that.

I can upload another version with the Modern Campaigns but I need the program names. My assumption is that they are as follows;

DanubeFront85.exe
FuldaGap85.exe
NorthGermanPlain85.exe
Korea85.exe

If someone can confirm that I will fix it.

But I suspect the problem you are having is that you have not left a space between 'or WinActive("ahk_exe France14.exe")' and 'or WinActive("ahk_exe DanubeFront85.exe")'. Just putting them on separate lines is not enough and in fact is not even required. I did it like that as it made it easier to read but it is really one long line. So a space is needed in front of each 'or'.

I've confirmed that it is not an issue of leaving a space between the lines.  I have all 4 of the other modern campaigns.  All of the exe files are as you have them named except for NGP; that file is NGPlain.exe.

I appreciate your help.

Rake