• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hot Key Assignment?
01-06-2020, 11:56 AM,
RE: Hot Key Assignment?
Yeah, I thought it might be useful to someone!
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2020, 10:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2020, 11:34 AM by monkie.)
First thanks for bringing this program to our attention, it's very useful.

I was experimenting with using it for Squad Battles, and I believe it was stated earlier in the thread that a default hotkey cannot be altered for another use.

I however have been able to replace every hotkey so far and with no real consequences (Squad Battles ver 1.08 Tour of Duty). For example the hotkey use of "v" was to "Display company markings" and I was able to instead be used to "shade hexes not visible" using the command line

"v::Send !vsss{Enter}v"

So at least using Squad Battles Tour of Duty Ver. 1.08 I am able to freely override any of the default hotkeys using the latest version of Autohotkey.

Maybe I wasn't understanding something earlier in the thread but if the issue was not being able to override the default key mapping then maybe something has changed to allow it. Might be worth a look for PzC.

Update: It seems that you an also do the same for PzC as well, verified Bulge 44 ver 2.01

Monk
02-19-2020, 01:12 AM,
Interesting news, Monk. I actually haven't tried to override existing keys in a long time, so it is interesting to see that it is that easy now. While I'm not surprised that the new hotkey behavior works, in the absence of key re-mapping, I would have expected the old hot key behavior to keep working as well, which would cause odd behavior...but my understanding from your posts is that this is not the case, correct?
02-19-2020, 11:43 AM,
You understand exactly, once the key is reassigned using the "send" command it seems to override the default hotkey setting.

Maybe this opens things up a bit more for those using the program. I for one have been using the AHK for quickly chaning the OOB pictures, so much easier than trying to click on those two tiny boxes with the arrows.