• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

max core troop
11-18-2012, 08:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012, 10:07 PM by Machean.)
max core troop
How come when you start a pbem campaign the max core troop is always 200? Is there a way to change it?
Aparanently it is max 200 throuout the campaign. That sort of limits you to your fighting force and it can't grow "larger" than to a certain degree.
No retreat no surrender
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 11:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012, 11:16 PM by Cross.)
RE: max core troop
(11-18-2012, 08:12 AM)Machean Wrote: How come when you start a pbem campaign the max core troop is always 200? Is there a way to change it?
Aparanently it is max 200 throuout the campaign. That sort of limits you to your fighting force and it can't grow "larger" than to a certain degree.

The Game Guide says this:

Expanded maximum units in a game. SP2 was limited to around 200 units per side, and about 49 formations. In campaigns, core size maximum was about 100 units. In WinSPww2 and WinSPMBT you can have up to 500 units per side, in up to 200 formations, and cores of 200. Thus much larger battles are possible.

I guess it could be worse Angry5

11-19-2012, 02:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2012, 02:11 AM by Machean.)
Thanks for the update. Still I find it not to be mutch with just 200 core troops. One rifle company counts as 14 troops for instance, so a maximum of 14 inf companies would be possible as max core. About 4 battalions give or take is the largest formation (considering that a battalion is 3 companies, many early war battalions was 4 companies).
I guess the pbem campaign is more meant that you start of with a very small force and make it grow over the battles to come.
No retreat no surrender
11-19-2012, 05:34 AM,
(11-19-2012, 02:08 AM)Machean Wrote: Thanks for the update. Still I find it not to be mutch with just 200 core troops. One rifle company counts as 14 troops for instance, so a maximum of 14 inf companies would be possible as max core. About 4 battalions give or take is the largest formation (considering that a battalion is 3 companies, many early war battalions was 4 companies).
I guess the pbem campaign is more meant that you start of with a very small force and make it grow over the battles to come.

Are you trying to make a whole division your core? Big Laugh

I rarely like to have more than a full battalion as a core. I like to get to know my officers over a campaign, and my brain finds anything larger than battalion a bit of a stretch.

My preference is to improve the equipment/quality rather than the size.

I usually like four companies per battalion, as I think every battalion should have a HQ/Support/Hvy Weapons company. Which means I could still field 3 battalions, which is a Brigade/Regiment sized core.