• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

group move
12-04-2012, 02:19 AM,
group move
Is there a key code for group moves like there is in HPS ACW and Nap games such as Alt+? or Ctrl+? Getting tired of moving divisions to the front down a road one battalion at a time...
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 04:58 AM,
RE: group move
Yes, you can select a hex with a unit (but not the unit itself), and press the Alt key and move the whole column down a road. Be careful not to select the unit and press the Alt key, or strange things can happen...I did this with a Sov-army-level arty unit once by mistake and the whole Sov Army wanted to move to one hex.

This is all explained in the manual; I described the "immediate AI move" (good) rather than the "delayed AI move" (bad).
12-04-2012, 05:11 AM,
(12-04-2012, 04:58 AM)76mm Wrote: Yes, you can select a hex with a unit (but not the unit itself), and press the Alt key and move the whole column down a road. Be careful not to select the unit and press the Alt key, or strange things can happen...I did this with a Sov-army-level arty unit once by mistake and the whole Sov Army wanted to move to one hex.

This is all explained in the manual; I described the "immediate AI move" (good) rather than the "delayed AI move" (bad).

Thanks, must have missed that when I looked the rules over. Jester
12-04-2012, 06:04 AM,
I read the rules too but somehow didn't really understand it until some trial-and-error. You really need to watch out for those delayed AI moves, they are easy to do by mistake and can really screw things up!

12-04-2012, 08:20 AM,
(12-04-2012, 06:04 AM)76mm Wrote: I read the rules too but somehow didn't really understand it until some trial-and-error. You really need to watch out for those delayed AI moves, they are easy to do by mistake and can really screw things up!

If you screw it up, remember to go under Ai orders and delete the group move. You will know because of the huge arror which appears on the screen.
12-04-2012, 11:18 AM,

Alas, I never could get the hang of using the automated move...seemed less efficient then moving my units myself.
12-04-2012, 01:05 PM,
(12-04-2012, 08:20 AM)Marquo Wrote: If you screw it up, remember to go under Ai orders and delete the group move. You will know because of the huge arrow which appears on the screen.
Yeah, I try to do this, but sometimes I somehow miss the huge blue arrow and only find out when I try to end the turn.

And while it took me some time to figure it out, now I find the immediate AI move pretty useful.