• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Several Moscow 42 Questions
12-20-2012, 06:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2012, 06:56 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Several Moscow 42 Questions
Quote:Umm...their relative mobility advantage is identical.

4-3 is one.

2-1 is one.

If you move away at speed 4, and I only move speed 3, you will gain one hex a turn of separation.

If you move away at speed 2 and I only move speed one...you will also gain one hex a turn of separation.

3 is 75% of 4, 1 is 50% of 2, so there's a difference.

Let's say you move for 10 turns.

Case 1) Infantry moves 30 hexes, motorized infantry 40. The infantry moves 0.75x what the motorized unit moves.

Case 2) Infantry moves 10 hexes, motorized infantry 20. The infantry moves 0.50x what the motorized unit moves.

Note that in case 2 the weather is bad, so it makes less sense for the motorized unit to have an advantage.

The separation per turn might be the same, the relative difference in how much a unit can move isn't.
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2012, 08:40 AM,
(12-20-2012, 05:02 AM)ComradeP Wrote: Hmm, Strela, unless installing a mapmod broke the replacement system, it seems to work differently than both of us expected. I'm seeing anything between 0 and ~12 replacements for the couple of turns I checked, which is between a 0% and about a 6% replacement rate, so the maximum actually seems to be higher than it would be with the regular replacement system, which at 1% could give A quality units 2%, unless I'm misinterpreting the manual.

The percentage works off the full strength of the unit not the current value.
12-20-2012, 10:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2012, 10:24 AM by ComradeP.)
Hmm, OK, but according to the manual the regular percentage replacements are tied to losses and not full unit strength. If the "replacements depend on supply" variant is tied to full unit strength, won't that still cause the side that rests his units more to regain more losses and give them higher loss recovery than they would normally have and thus actually, on average, result in an increased loss recovery rate for units away from the frontline relative to the system that relies on recovery from the difference between current and full unit strength that the manual describes (which seems to count for the regular replacement system)?

Also: 12 is 2% of 600, so the random number can't be up to the replacement percentage as the replacement percentage is just 1%. 1% seems to be the average.