• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out ot the Blue 4.7. Team Game incoming!
11-12-2012, 06:35 AM,
RE: Bolt out ot the Blue 4.7. Team Game incoming!
(11-12-2012, 05:54 AM)Indragnir Wrote: WP team is ready. We'll sent you our turn soon. Just sorting the last strategic things.

Witblitz, both Fhill and Arkan have a working link for the files.

Are we talking about the same scenario? Thought that the NATO side goes first in this one so how can the WP send us their 1st turn?Crazy

Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 07:05 AM,
(11-12-2012, 06:35 AM)burroughs Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 05:54 AM)Indragnir Wrote: WP team is ready. We'll sent you our turn soon. Just sorting the last strategic things.

Witblitz, both Fhill and Arkan have a working link for the files.

Are we talking about the same scenario? Thought that the NATO side goes first in this one so how can the WP send us their 1st turn?Crazy

Lol, I totaly forgot! You're right. I'm getting old :P

11-14-2012, 09:12 AM,
Comrades,

I did a quick test for the new patch, it seems won't affect the game but for 3 points:
-Replacements (against NATO)
-Interdicton (both sides)
-Quality Fire Modifier (against WP).

We can give it a go, if we find out it's unbalancing the mod, removing or adding some values it's easy.

Let me know.

Also, Strela (the maker of Kharkov'43 and Moscow'42) will join our team game as WP player, so we'll be 3 vs 4.

César
11-14-2012, 05:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2012, 12:47 AM by burroughs.)
What patch are we talking about? Was there a patch for the game or the mod?Can't see any new patches at the HPS official site ... On behalf of the NATO joint command I feel entitled to inform You that we are amidst the process of agreeing on the force and AoRs division, command responsibilities and the overall strategy of countering the imminent communist aggression. Witblitz has just installed the mod and is giving that an extensive review in order to orientate himself a bit more.We'll be updating You, but I daresay that we are likel to be ready or even start the hostilities by the end of the week.

AW, i just saw the incoming patch thread here. Alright, it's clear to me know, I'll talk to the guys here.
11-14-2012, 09:55 PM,
Be aware that there has also been a map upgrade. The non-existing bridge at Bleckede (281,133) has now been removed, thus hampering any quick advances towards Lüneburg from the east.
Send this user an email
11-21-2012, 02:10 AM,
Gents, I just wanted to let You know on behalf of the NATO team that we are completing our turn; the problem is the Fhil had a serious hardware malfunction due to his flooding that with a glassful of water and it taking his time getting his stuff together and back to the operational order.Stay tuned and have some patience, please.Thanks in advance.
11-27-2012, 02:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2012, 03:11 PM by Aaron.)
You know with the new patch and maybe someday another MC game with some rule changes ive been lookin at changin things up. If you have any ideas either now or during your game let me know, either by posting here or by email. [email protected]. One thing i always wanted to do was extend the differences of units, for example my highest HA for tanks is 38 and the other base tank i used was the T55 at 22 HA. But if i stretched it to lets say a 48 as a high and 24 as a low the differences between different types and or variants would stick out that much more. Just alot of thinking involved there, im happy now but would like to see a bigger difference between some units or actually variants, some of those 1 point differences would turn into 3 point. Of course adding even more strategy options to whats there, and i still think attack helos need more HA and SA, id like to break them down into smaller units and increase their attack values, i still dont believe all around that death is fast enough, thats the only way i can put it. Whole divisions should disappear in a afternoon with modern firepower, before you say no let me say if the death rate was higher the game would become more of a game of maneuver and would be shorter game turn wise, but thats my theory on the war that never happened.

Im open to suggestions, let me know what ya think? Even recon type units, im open to any suggestions you have to help them out, of course i cant give rule changes but if any ideas??? I would love to see a rule change that instead of the recon spotting rule you have a recon unit have a % amount of chance to find any unit within a ?? of hexes, this portrays more of the patrolling of recon units and not the contact and then death

Now that i think about it if theres interest we can start a new thread on changes
Rangers Lead the Way
11-28-2012, 12:48 AM,
That's a wise point about the recon type unit capabilities - certainly that has been offset somehow by the patrolling mode, yet then the unit has to remain immobile which defies the mobile nature of reconnaissance missions.

Myself as I have always been very much into special operations and assymetrical warfare I'd also like to change the way the special forces operate in the game system. I like the way You put their doctrine into the scenario with various types of NATO commandos appearing early into the hostilities as force multipliers deployed by the theater strategy options as their command see fit. The problem I see is that they are deployed into their AoRs as coy to a battalion size elements that cover a certain area during their mission-that's obviously a kind of compromise. Once they go into deception mode they are very much unavailable unless recovered by the conventional friendlies. I know that they are on a covert mission, maintaining radio silence and focusing on harrassment and surveillance low profile activities rather than open raids, but I'd say there should be the way to make them appear again as an on-the-map strike force if necessary - after all mostly they had commo so insted of having them unavailable at all, but for redeploying around midnight, certain breaks in communication may be modelled much the way we have the jamming paralyzing the command subunits.Or perhaps there should be more flexibility in redeploying them in deception mode than only once a day.

I once asked if SpetsNaz has a counter detection bonus if they deploy at last light as it was in their doctrine, much the LRRP last light insertion, or there is a greater chance of detecitng them while redeploying and the answer was no, but I think there could be something like this, even though in some wider perspective it hasn't any strategic impact.