• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out ot the Blue 4.7. Team Game incoming!
11-09-2012, 07:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012, 08:06 PM by Indragnir.)
RE: Bolt out ot the Blue 4.7. Team Game incoming!
Comrades,

I think we're done. Please post your e-mails.

Now the house rules: Pierre, Fhil, do you have the mail with our house rules? I've lost mine.
First draft:
T-mode helo infantry and helos in general cannot be used to isolate gound units (you can land helo infantry, that's ok). Cannot end their movement (but for disruption or bad calculation of MP remaining) in a bridge, canal, road, (primary or whatever) hex.
T-mode Helo infantry cannot end their movement adjacent to any land unit.
T-mode Helo infantry cannot fire upon land units.
FASCAM: anyside cannot drop more than 2 contiguous mine munitions (it's ok if you fire 2 and WP fire another 2, even adjacent).

In my experience that rules really make the game better and smoother.
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:55 PM,
(11-08-2012, 09:36 PM)Indragnir Wrote: WP Team
Indragnir (likey Center, since I've some ideas about WP in the Center)
Alaric99X
Arkan

NATO Team
Burroughs
Fhil
Witblitz

Fhil got kicked off the WP forces? Does that mean we happen to have a dissenter in our ranks? Was he acquainted with what and where and with which formations the WP are up to in the coming hostilities before his getting relieved of his post in the staff? I could interrogate him a bit the way I learnt that in Korea, Indochina, Vietnam and on loan in Northern Ireland with the 9th Intel Coy.Still glad to have'em, Filip and Gerald, around,haven't fought the rest of You , gentelmen, before.Shall we ... ?

Anyway, are we complete, the slots has been filled and we are about to be good to go?
11-09-2012, 08:10 PM,
(11-09-2012, 07:55 PM)burroughs Wrote: Fhil got kicked off the WP forces? Does that mean we happen to have a dissenter in our ranks? Was he acquainted with what and where and with which formations the WP are up to in the coming hostilities before his getting relieved of his post in the staff? I could interrogate him a bit the way I learnt that in Korea, Indochina, Vietnam and on loan in Northern Ireland with the 9th Intel Coy.Still glad to have'em, Filip and Gerald, around,haven't fought the rest of You , gentelmen, before.Shall we ... ?

Anyway, are we complete, the slots has been filled and we are about to be good to go?

Yep, we disovered him a bit later, he carries critical info ;) However beware, we at WP are experts on the art of Maskirovka so maybe Fhil could be an infilrator, don't trust him :P

We're complete, as soon as everybody checked house rules and we have the emails we can start.

11-10-2012, 12:36 AM,

I can´t find the house rules email either, I´ll try to search for it again later if needed.

One can fully trust only to himself, right?Big Grin
I decided to run away from the Totality in the last moment and help to save the rest of Europe! Helmet Wink
11-10-2012, 09:57 AM,
(11-10-2012, 12:36 AM)Fhil Wrote: I can´t find the house rules email either, I´ll try to search for it again later if needed.

Having played Bolt from the Blue on several occasions, from both sides, I can suggest you will do fine without any helo related house rules. The mobile SAM units added to the orders of battle make it very costly for either sides helicopters to hover in plain sight for very long. And airmobile infantry left hovering in T mode has very low defense factors. In Bolt, the helos still have their uses, but mainly:

- in ambush mode, since often you catch someone out ahead of their air defenses
- where for some reason enemy mobile SAM or AAA defenses are known weak

Attack helos learn to shoot and scoot and airmobile forays must be accompanied by recon helos going ahead to ensure you have clear lanes ahead - and you want to get those infantry on the ground at the end of their journey, not leave them in the air.

On mines, that's your call, but i have never found house rules needed that much. The game is so huge that if someone wants to expend all their mine supply on massive daisy chains that is their business - they may find themselves mine-less at a key point sooner than they think. You will want to have a house rule disallowing mines to be fired by SSMs. Although this sounds far-fetched, I actually did have an opponent one time who used his SCUDs to drop mines at road junctions hundreds of kilometers behind the West German border - something they were not tasked nor, to my knowledge, capable of.

But as I said, apart from that you can probably get away with zero house rules on helos. The game punishes them already.
11-10-2012, 10:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012, 11:36 AM by Indragnir.)
Having played this game both sides also I still think some house rules should be enforced, maybe less strict than I typed above but still:

-No t-mode helos on roads/bridges.
-No t-mode helos used for encircle/block/isolate ground units.
-No SSM firing mines.
-No more than 2 contiguous FASCAM munitions.

I've watched a full crossing of 3 division encircled by 15+ FASCAM at 00.00 H (refuel check) and got low fuel for enough turns to completely destroy that divisions on the following counterattack.
Also watched a full division being blocked on a road (in a narrow pass terrain) by a single scout helo unit (less than 7 helos) and thus got caught by trailing prosecutors, AAW did destroyed the helos but the division was caught and suffered horrible casualties.

I know this rules will make the game funnier for both sides. Usual burn-outs come by that kind of things.

Just my 2 cents.
11-10-2012, 10:46 AM,
The SSMs being able to lay mines is a bad side effect, in my little notes attached to the game i believe it does mention this and should be a house rule that they can not. Its one of those which way should i go, add SSMs or not to, i thought it was a minor side effect for adding the nukes to the game.

Rangers Lead the Way
11-10-2012, 05:10 PM,
@Aditia hehe, I like them games and I need to feed em addiction!
11-11-2012, 07:30 PM,
Any1 have a link to Bolt out of the blue files?
Thx
11-12-2012, 05:54 AM,
WP team is ready. We'll sent you our turn soon. Just sorting the last strategic things.

Witblitz, both Fhill and Arkan have a working link for the files.