• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Moscow '42 Released
11-03-2012, 06:14 AM,
RE: Moscow '42 Released
WOW what a great title! Looks stuffed with content. I also like the improved unit graphics in this
great job!
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2012, 06:27 AM,
Yes, I agree. The unit images do look nice!
11-03-2012, 07:36 AM,
Great job David & Co, should keep the large amount of Eastern Front junkies we have on this ladder from getting the jitters for a while to come! Big Grin

Now where is that Pacific title i was expecting....................LOL
11-03-2012, 09:04 AM,
Having play tested some of the game with David, I have to say this is real good game. The team gave it a good overhaul in testing. Some the scenarios are the best in the series. Very subtle operational decisions have to be made... and just like in real war nothing is for certain. No perfect plans in this bunch.

In fact what I really am proud of is how David worked with the play test team to make sure each side in the scenarios has options to choose from to create victory. This does not mean every scenario is 'balanced' as balance is a very subject assessment. But there are ways to make decisions which will lead to victory or defeat for both sides.

And they might not be obvious from just studying the at start files. Tank1 Read

With 57 scenarios, (that was my last count) there is something for every type of PzC fan. And then some more.
Many of these scenarios have repeat playability due to the fore mentioned decsions to be made. Do not blame me if after playing a game here with your blitz opponents you slap your head and say "I should have taken the blue route!"

Welcome to the rabbit hole. Get the game and see how far it goes.

Dog Soldier

Disclaimer: Games like Moscow 42 may cause spouses, girl friends and sig others to disappear with all your belongings while you are staring at the P(z)C screen.
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-03-2012, 09:09 AM,
(11-03-2012, 09:04 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Having play tested some of the game with David, I have to say this is real good game. The team gave it a good overhaul in testing. Some the scenarios are the best in the series. Very subtle operational decisions have to be made... and just like in real war nothing is for certain. No perfect plans in this bunch.

In fact what I really am proud of is how David worked with the play test team to make sure each side in the scenarios has options to choose from to create victory. This does not mean every scenario is 'balanced' as balance is a very subject assessment. But there are ways to make decisions which will lead to victory or defeat for both sides.

With 57 scenarios, (that was my last count) there is something for every type of PzC fan. And then some more.
Many of these scenarios have repeat playability due to the fore mentioned decsions to be made. Do not blame me if after playing a game here with your blitz opponents you slap your head and say "I should have taken the blue route!"

Dog Soldier

Disclaimer: Games like Moscow 42 may cause spouses, girl friends and sig others to disappear with all your belongings while you are staring at the P(z)C screen.

Yeah, my wife and relatives always say: You´re staring at those´´maps´´ again ?!? Mex Big Grin
They can´t understand how much these ´´maps´´ hide Helmet Smile
11-03-2012, 09:22 AM,
(11-03-2012, 09:04 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Having play tested some of the game with David, I have to say this is real good game. The team gave it a good overhaul in testing. Some the scenarios are the best in the series. Very subtle operational decisions have to be made... and just like in real war nothing is for certain. No perfect plans in this bunch.

Dog Soldier

DS is right in all respects. I played the scenarios I was assigned multiple times and came out with different outcomes ,somtimes victory sometimes defeat. You never know wether to take the red pill or the blue pill. And none of the scenarios where easy :) Alot of fun and some hard words when things went south :)
Another Jewel in the PzC Crown.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
11-03-2012, 09:26 AM,
Gary,
I am thinking tournament time! M42 is fertile ground. Maybe combine with opening round of M41 while people get their game copies.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
11-03-2012, 09:51 AM,
(11-03-2012, 09:26 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Gary,
I am thinking tournament time! M42 is fertile ground. Maybe combine with opening round of M41 while people get their game copies.

Dog Soldier

OMG!!!! Yesss!!!! Mex Big Grin I have the weekend off. After I go play at the range I'm going to start putting that puppy togather Big Grin
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
11-03-2012, 09:55 AM,
I can hear the tune on Stalin's Organs.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
11-03-2012, 10:01 AM,
Ah!! sweet music to the ears. LOL