• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Perfect Storm
10-30-2012, 03:27 AM,
RE: Perfect Storm
I'm in northern New Jersey. Just had our first power hit. Not good, I wasn't expecting the power to go out for at least a few more hours. 1:30 PM here. Lots of rain, winds just now starting to pick up. Tonight is when it's supposed to be nuts.

On a serious note, I need to play my game turns. Smile

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2012, 06:11 AM,
Dave, hunker down. We still have power at 4:07 but, for how long is anyone's guess.
Wind has been blowing for a few hours. Rain is just coming down in sporadic sheets. Branches everywhere.

My wife is coming home from work in this. The :bleeps: would not let her go when she was scheduled to leave.

I just sent out a couple turns and have to go clear the driveway for Gail's arrival.

Ed
10-30-2012, 09:46 AM,
It's 7:42 PM here in Mansfield, Ohio 90 miles SW of Cleveland.

Temperature 40F. Sustained winds are 20-25 mph out of the north with gusts to 45 mph. Rain is light right now but flecks of snow/ice mixed in. Not the best thing...ice! Rain has been constant all day and in times some sheet action. So far power is holding and my fireplace has been working overtime. Glad I laid in firewood two weeks ago!

Up in Cleveland, 15 foot waves off Lake Erie are hitting the breakwater and harbor areas and several power outages have been reported in Cleveland and east of there. Cleveland is 500+ miles from NYC so this storm is a whopper!

All you folks in the affected area hang in there and please...please be safe!

My prayers are with you one and all!!

Ivan the BigCigar5
10-30-2012, 06:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2012, 07:14 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
O.K.
Got through the worst of it. Though, it is right here and we may have the "eye of the storm" calm.
Still a bit windy and they said it was going to get intense later.

I need to get out when it is more light and inspect the outside of the house.
We lost power three or four times during the night but it came right back on. Still have a chance for more lost power as the winds pick up.

Parts of the Atlantic City boardwalk is gone.

Saw where, as ITB said, Ohio got slammed with snow. As did West Virginia.

What a storm!

No turns in my e-mail so I am going to look at some of the storm reports.

Good luck to all affected by Sandy. She was a :bleep: of a storm.

Ed
10-30-2012, 09:54 PM,
We have survived the worst of this with only a loss of power during the night which we slept thru. Lots of rain but overall it was no worse here than any other fall and winter storms of the past. Sort of like a winter blizzard with out the snow and temps are warm still so we lucked out. Our thots and prayers are with those in the midcoast of US and the folks being hit by the blizzard effects. I have never seen a hurrican do what this one this one did. Usually they go up north and when they hit cold water they speed up and exit the area....this one not so much.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
10-30-2012, 09:57 PM,
Glad to hear you (and hopefully everyone else in the area) are OK!

Any sharks circling YOUR doorway ??? Shark

[Image: shark-yard]

Wow...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-31-2012, 05:41 AM,
WOW!!! Made it through that one with no power outages or any damage to our home/property, and we live in the woods!!! Man, I REALLY feel blessed! Hope all you guys fared ok?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-31-2012, 07:55 AM,
I got to see in daylight that I need a new roof.
And, my neighbor needs to replace their cable and telephone lines, half of which is in my front yard. Trees down everywhere.

We did some expensive tree work this summer, with three trees already cut down and the two largest ones pruned, we had relatively little in the way of broken branches. Unlike the early snow last October.

Many neighborhoods around me for miles are out of power. I did work today and was surprised by areas that were devastated and others that just looked pristine.

Petri, no sharks out here. If there were, we'd be looking to move to a different state.

Ed
10-31-2012, 09:06 AM,
Hey Ed,

Sorry to hear of this, some places around me got nailed as well...
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-31-2012, 09:47 AM,
Quiet here now in Ohio, just 2" of wet snow on the ground and light rain coming down. Winds are gone.

Glad to hear a few of the blitz hardcore gang faired OK! Anyone heard anything from Hawk? I think he lives around Philly? How about Scud or Antoni, were they in the path?

Ed, good luck with your roof! Hope its not to expensive.

Von E, glad you got lucky and missed the brunt!

Battle Kat, No sharks here in Ohio. If I see one I figure its a suicide attempt!

Warhorse, glad you did OK my friend. I know you live back in the woods and storms like these can be bad in those areas!

This last round of forum posts was a joy! I'm glad you guys and the ones close to you are OK!

Ivan the BigCigar5