• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Perfect Storm
10-31-2012, 09:54 AM,
RE: Perfect Storm
Scud checked in with us earlier via his phone. He lost power and had minimal storm damage. It may easily take some time before power in his area is restored.

Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2012, 10:23 AM,
Hawk lives about 25 minutes from me, I think he is ok, he sent some turns, and didn't mention any ill events!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-31-2012, 07:25 PM,
Erik is about a thirty minute trip for me and I drive through his area tomorrow as part of my route for work.
If he is sending turns that is a good sign? I'll see what it looks like when I pass by his town.

IVB, we needed a new roof anyway. Helmet Wink

Ed
10-31-2012, 07:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 07:40 PM by Warhorse.)
Yeah, he's in Royersford/Limerick I believe. Haven't made it to his place yet!! Be a good cruise for my '65 Impala someday!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-31-2012, 11:26 PM,
Hi guys,

Recharging my phone again so checking in. We lost two big trees, but the missed our house and no one in our immediate area was hurt, so that's good. Rockland electric, which serves our area of new jersey reports their grid has been devastated and is predicting power outages for 2 weeks or longer (shoot me). Obviously, all opponents feels free to claim a major against me if you feel you don't want to wait that long.

Hope you had an old roof, Ed. Wee lost a few shingles, but I haven't gotten upe there to assess yet.

Do you believe that was only a category 1? My neighborhood looks like a bomb went off in it, but only one house got hit by a tree, even though there are at least 15 or 20 big ones on the ground. Electric wires and poles are down everywhere. I'm going to try a short drive today to see about the rest of the town. I hear a lot of roads are closed, but there's one grocery store, a gas station and a diner open with power....all packed.

That's it from here. Glad everyone made it through safely.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-01-2012, 07:13 AM,
Dave, my roof was/is at the end of it's shelf life. 30 year shingles have been there for twenty-three years.
My boss lost "100 mile an hour shingles" from his roof. They were only ten years old.

I've an appointment with the bank. Been approved for a loan. Just need to set it up and get some other work done at the same time. My wife wants to upgrade the kitchen too! We watch too many of those renovation shows and now is our opportunity. I guess my next stop after will be to an architect and then some builders.

Mike, I go to Limerick - Royersford - Pottstown tomorrow. Along with West Chester - Malvern - Phoenixville. Finish up in Souderton or all the way to New Hope if one of my accounts calls me. It would be a great ride in a '65 Chevy.

Ed
11-01-2012, 09:30 PM,
Hello All,

Thanks for the concern. Sorry for the delay in reporting.

I have no internet.

Then remembered I can go through my phone. :rolleyes2:

I am all good.

I had a tree come down with part of it landing on the garage. Luckily only superfical damage.

Glad to hear that everyone is well.

Erik
11-02-2012, 03:01 AM,
Wow - after reading through this whole thread I'm amazed (and thankful) that no blitzers were injured - or worse. Looks like it was close for some of our members though. I didn't realize we had so many members on or near the east coast - I'm glad everyone is ok!

Hopefully things will get to normal in the affected areas, though I have been hearing rumors that parts of the Jersey boardwalk / Jersey shore, and NY's coney Island will take years to recover.

Sounds like this is going to be one hell of a mess to deal with, to put it mildly...

Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
11-02-2012, 03:13 AM,
Erik,
Good the hear from you. I am simply amazed by how many trees went down. And, the amount of telephone poles along with them.

John,
It's worse than I thought. But, it is also better than I thought. If that makes sense?

We Blitzers are from all over?

Ed