• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMFI Patch is out
10-24-2012, 09:02 AM,
CMFI Patch is out
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?opt...Itemid=515

It says that it's compatable with current save games. It doesn't say it's safe for PBEM's though.

I asked the question on Battlefront and here is the instructions on how to make current PBEM's work with the new patch:

Quote:
I will explain to you the procedure to follow to convert the PBEM turns. You start the 1.00 game and load a 1.00 turn.You watch the replay and click the red button to go the order giving phase. Here you save the turn. So you don't click the red button again, but instead find the save menu and make a save game.
Once you have done that for all your PBEM games, you patch the game to 1.01 and load the 1.00 savegame you made earlier. You continue giving orders and press the red button once finished. Voilà you have converted the turn
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2012, 09:09 AM,
RE: CMFI Patch is out
Another option is to copy/paste the folder where CMFI is installed thus having two versions of the game.One patched (1.01),one unpatched (1.00). Then use 1.01 for starting new games and 1.00 to finish the ones you already have started.
Send this user an email
10-25-2012, 06:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 06:12 PM by S.A.M.)
thanks - trojan attached to Patch, game no longer working, great. got it from Gamers Hell. LOL , nice.

Attached Files
.jpg   Capture.JPG (Size: 91 KB / Downloads: 7)
10-25-2012, 07:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 07:20 PM by raz_atoth.)
I had my patch downloaded from gamers hell,too,but my antivirus (AVG) didn't complain.
Might it be it's a false positive in your case?
I just saw this on on BFC forum,seems,indeed,it's a false positive and the patch is clean.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...p?t=106868
Send this user an email
10-25-2012, 07:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2012, 03:53 PM by S.A.M.)
(10-25-2012, 07:14 PM)raz_atoth Wrote: I had my patch downloaded from gamers hell,too,but my antivirus (AVG) didn't complain.
Might it be it's a false positive in your case?
I just saw this on on BFC forum,seems,indeed,it's a false positive and the patch is clean.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...p?t=106868

I use Antivir also, looks like other people came across this problem as well, cool thanks for that info and the link to that post on forum. Only thing is for a clean file that Trojan is awefully often trying to access the internet, a bit much if you ask me :)
I dont wanna make an issue out of this but to be honest there should have been no need for a TR/Crrypt. XPACK. Gen in that update. It was not obviously required in the prvious releases so why start now, fact is that no matter what they say, it is in my and some of my friends opinoin that this it is a violation. I know how to protect myself but I think it is kind of rude to to release a patch not only improving the game, but also potentionally monitoring usage and personal data. The only purpose for that XPACK. Gen is to monitor keystrokes and a few other things of online usage. Is ok but very doggie. No real need for this, so why do they do it? I recommend to isolate the threat and activate the exe only then when intending to play and removing afterwards.
I am a keen player and an active player but I am also weary of my security. Why did they do it, ? is just not nice! Shame!
10-30-2012, 03:54 PM,
I send a report to AntiVir, lets see what happens.
10-31-2012, 06:54 AM,
I downloaded my patch from Gamer's Hell, and everything works no problem.
10-31-2012, 02:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 02:54 PM by eltorrente.)
A lot of times those mirror sites include their own goodies in the .zip files. No need to even download those, really. When you first download the file, choose to "open" the file instead of "saving" it. No need to save it to your disc, really. So, anyway what I always do is choose to just open it and when the .zip opens, just double click on the patch .exe and ignore anything else in the .zip.

I use Kaspersky antivirus, and it's quite extensive and I have my security settings pretty high, and there's no issue. It always catches keyloggers and such, and I've never had any security issues at all with my computer since I've had Kaspersky installed.

Battlefront doesn't put keyloggers in their .exe's or anyother trojan or virus.
10-31-2012, 09:00 PM,
I come to the conclusion that Antivir is probably hyper sensitive. I reported the problem. To be honest I do not think that Battlefront is being a problem here, those issues do indeed come across with new updates and it happens in many software updates, not just games and most antivirus programs upon detection will treat sooner or later the new threat as harmless once it has been checked and been found ok. That is just part of the process I guess. First someone needs to raise an issue. If noone ever raised a concern then we be all out there happy no matter the consequences. Sometimes raising an issue asks for resolve and that is all good. Once the issue is indeed resolved even a doubtful prick like me will be happy and feel content and get on with usual stuff. There is no harm in asking questions, keeps everyone on their toes I think.
But yes I would find it hard to believe that Battlefront would be involved in some bad exploit.
Who knows maybe they also have contacted Antivir by now and asked for a resolve.
All is good