• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ARVNs in Vietnam game.
09-30-2012, 04:23 AM,
ARVNs in Vietnam game.
Did anyone know that you can add ARVNs to the Vietnam game, simply by adding the South Vietnamese counter folder from Tour of Duty to Vietnam’s directory? They even show up in the oob editor.
If some one wanted to make some new Nam scenarios.
I suppose by adding new unit graphics to the sheets and editing the unit.dat file, one could add other nations to other titles. The ARVNs were already there in the Nam graphics and no editing of the unit.dat file was necessary.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 05:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2012, 05:38 PM by burroughs.)
RE: ARVNs in Vietnam game.
(09-30-2012, 04:23 AM)keif149 Wrote: Did anyone know that you can add ARVNs to the Vietnam game, simply by adding the South Vietnamese counter folder from Tour of Duty to Vietnam’s directory? They even show up in the oob editor.
If some one wanted to make some new Nam scenarios.
I suppose by adding new unit graphics to the sheets and editing the unit.dat file, one could add other nations to other titles. The ARVNs were already there in the Nam graphics and no editing of the unit.dat file was necessary.

A generic force, awesome. ROTFLMAOHelmet Rolleyes

I mean - there are plenty of terrific 2nd Indochina War scenarios, both in the Vn and the ToD titles, but sure the community is ever ready to welcome some new ones. Too bad I am busy, going through the process of playing them all through, hopefuly, so I can't move on to creating any - and that's good. It would turn out that I am not any good at that and suffer some more severe setbacks in the RVN.Damn McNamara doctrine. Helmet Wink
09-30-2012, 05:48 PM,
RE: ARVNs in Vietnam game.
I had the old Yahoo groups "Not Again" scenario on my hd since 2003 and played it for the first time. Much to my surprise, here came the ARVNs, with out counters, lol.
Send this user an email