• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM : Mirror Matches with CMAK
09-04-2012, 11:26 AM,
Help  PBEM : Mirror Matches with CMAK
Hi all,

New here from the land of Oz. Helmet Wink

Westland has challenged me to a battle in PBEM, which will be my first ever game (ANY game) against an email opponent. Sheesh - talk about trial by fire!! LMAO

However, having read the CMAK manual thoroughly, and any online resources I could find (including here and Battlefront.com), I'm unable to find anything about a 'mirror match', which is what I'm apparently engaged in with Westland.

Is there a link I can find out more about these battles (how to work them?). I'm sending only 1 fil back to him (my changes) but I'm supposed to do something with the other file as well (I'm Allies, he's Axis, but I'm supposed to do something with his file as well??)

Sorry I'm an absolute newb on this and a native English speaker might make it less painful for me, and him. TEEHEE

thanks

jon
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2012, 05:42 PM,
RE: PBEM : Mirror Matches with CMAK
(09-04-2012, 11:26 AM)candyflip Wrote: Hi all,

New here from the land of Oz. Helmet Wink

Westland has challenged me to a battle in PBEM, which will be my first ever game (ANY game) against an email opponent. Sheesh - talk about trial by fire!! LMAO

However, having read the CMAK manual thoroughly, and any online resources I could find (including here and Battlefront.com), I'm unable to find anything about a 'mirror match', which is what I'm apparently engaged in with Westland.

Is there a link I can find out more about these battles (how to work them?). I'm sending only 1 fil back to him (my changes) but I'm supposed to do something with the other file as well (I'm Allies, he's Axis, but I'm supposed to do something with his file as well??)

Sorry I'm an absolute newb on this and a native English speaker might make it less painful for me, and him. TEEHEE

thanks

jon
It is really easy just don't worry about what you should or shouldn't be doing, you will get 2 games running, the same scenario, you will be Allies on one game, Axis on the other, if it is you to start the session just do your set-ups on both games and send them of to your opponent....My self I like mirror games, most scenario's work well with mirror play
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
09-04-2012, 06:52 PM,
Oh - that doesn't sound like much fun for my first game. I thought I'd be playing the Allies only...

Are mirror matches common? Seems kinda' strange?.....
09-04-2012, 08:17 PM,
(09-04-2012, 06:52 PM)candyflip Wrote: Oh - that doesn't sound like much fun for my first game. I thought I'd be playing the Allies only...

Are mirror matches common? Seems kinda' strange?.....

I believe they are common, some scenario's are so one sided that this method does sort that out.......having said that many still like the one game, you just need to ask and discuss what you want to play
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
09-04-2012, 08:45 PM,
OK - will work it out with Westland.

thank you.

jon