• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Graphics Problems
09-03-2012, 09:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2012, 05:58 AM by z1812.)
Graphics Problems
Hi All,

Has anyone found a fix for the partial white screen that affects some of the SB games. Having just bought a new computer ( win 7 nvidia card ) I am having problems with Eagles Strike. I have also installed TOD which works find in XP compatibility mode but ES does not.

I have searched this site and read all the posts I could find about it but nothing I have tried works. I have re-installed, tried all the different compatibility modes, run as administrator, just about everything and anything that might work. No luck yet.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you for reading this.

John
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2012, 09:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2012, 09:24 PM by Nikb.)
RE: Graphics Problems
I have the same problem with Win 7 (also with an nvidia card). Ditto with the Nappy games. I don't know if there is an answer. You could try the http://hpssims.com.c7.previewyoursite.co.../index.php and I reckon you should find some help (or at least an answer).

Rich and the team at HPS / Tiller are always willing to lend a hand.
09-03-2012, 10:37 PM,
Thanks for your reply. I did visit Rich's site and I searched through the posts and could find nothing. I am not a member there so I have to wait for my account to be authorized.

When it is I will post there. If I receive an answer I will post it here.
09-05-2012, 09:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012, 10:00 PM by Lowlander.)
John, go the the Tiller Operational Simulation forum, read the thread with the BIG HELP SIGN by Fubar.
After you new machine upgrades automatically, visit the manufacturer's site, select your MODEL and search for futher upgrades, especially DRIVERS.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I installed my games thus Start/Computer/OS(C:)/HPS Simulations/

09-06-2012, 04:20 AM,
I had this exact same problem with some of the HPS ACW/MC titles, i finally fixed it by installing the latest Nvidea Beta drivers for 64bit Windows 7.

TTFN
09-06-2012, 07:57 AM,
Hi Lowlander, Hi Fubar,

Thank you both for responding to my post. Thank you also for all your advice and suggestions. I have tried everything suggested in the posts that I have been directed to.

I am just now trying the last step and am currently installing the latest beta patch for my graphics card...............it works. It actually worked!!

Thanks Again,

John
09-06-2012, 10:03 AM,
Nvidea makes some great cards, but this is an issue with lots of
other pc games too.

Updates or beta patches and you are good to go! Smile
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
09-06-2012, 06:55 PM,
Thanks for the heads up.

I usually stay clear of any beta type patches but by the sound of it this might do the trick.