• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Starshells
08-18-2012, 02:59 AM,
Starshells
OK, you fire a starshell in your round with inf. platoon. Then you plot lotta arty in those enlightenede hexes. Question is: Are the shells and the benifit of them (full strength/hitting home) gone next turn (since arty rounds fall in your opponent's round) ..

AF
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2012, 09:56 AM,
RE: Starshells
(08-18-2012, 02:59 AM)Amico Fritz Wrote: OK, you fire a starshell in your round with inf. platoon. Then you plot lotta arty in those enlightenede hexes. Question is: Are the shells and the benifit of them (full strength/hitting home) gone next turn (since arty rounds fall in your opponent's round) ..

AF

They do not help for plotting arty. They have 2 good uses that I know of:
1) To see what the opponent is doing in the dark
2) They do allow spotting for effective Opportunity Fire
08-18-2012, 10:10 AM,
Sometimes your opponent helps you out by popping one, your arty works real well then!!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
08-18-2012, 12:14 PM,
When an opponent lets me know about his units' presence in a hex thru gun-flashes, if I have a unit in range that can execute a direct fire attack at a distance of 2 hexes or more, I will pop a starshell to make that attack more effective.
08-18-2012, 06:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2012, 07:00 PM by Amico Fritz.)
Thanks, guys. JPrcisely what I needed to know.

AF

[quote='Amico Fritz' pid='365667' dateline='1345280379']
Thanks, guys. Precisely what I needed to know.

AF

08-19-2012, 11:20 AM,
Also, in night fighting a very good rule, adjust all opportunity for short range, so as to not give away your pos with ineffective fire!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/