• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Top ten things I have learned.
08-21-2012, 06:56 PM,
RE: Top ten things I have learned.
(08-21-2012, 10:26 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: It's not the trees and roads that are important....it's....wait for it...........the......HALFTRACKS :-)

ROTFLMAO

Yes!
Also, scenario designers always seem to think that the German side grew them on trees. Helmet Rolleyes

But, that is O.K., because the developers think that all the German half tracks versions should be well represented. Helmet Wink

And, players think they should drive up the side of mountains to get that one little peek at the enemy. Helmet Smile

Cheers6

HSL

Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2012, 07:09 PM,
Actually trucks, halftracks and other vehicles and their ability to drive through the forest (off road I mean) is another thing I have learned from CS. Apparently one can drive through the forest. I am still reluctant to try driving my car in the woods. I fear Ii would not get too far before having a tee sliced through my bonnet :)
08-22-2012, 12:00 AM,
I just like to play what you guys dish out, not too up on what was historically accurate. I've always wondered, though, why it is that German morale always seems higher (7-8) than allied (6 usually...until someone shoots at them...which I suppose is understandable).

Maybe they had better songs?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-22-2012, 01:41 AM,
To Dave: That directly contradicts what Tom Lehr's song, "Folk Song Army" says about the Spanish Civil War: "They might have won all the battles but we had the all best songs!" :) Eric
08-22-2012, 02:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2012, 02:05 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
(08-21-2012, 07:09 PM)PawelM Wrote: Actually trucks, halftracks and other vehicles and their ability to drive through the forest (off road I mean) is another thing I have learned from CS. Apparently one can drive through the forest. I am still reluctant to try driving my car in the woods. I fear Ii would not get too far before having a tee sliced through my bonnet :)

Yup! Eek
I usually refer to it as "I've done my axle breaking trip through the woods". Music Man

As long as the hexside elevation allows it you can drive a non-four wheel drive vehicle to the top of any mountain. Tractor

But, you have to drive around an on map air unit. White Flag

Buds

HSL
08-22-2012, 02:57 AM,
(08-22-2012, 12:00 AM)Scud Wrote: Maybe they had better songs?

Dave

I think they had Marlene Deitrich :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
08-22-2012, 03:23 AM,
(08-22-2012, 02:57 AM)Von Earlmannthe28 Wrote:
(08-22-2012, 12:00 AM)Scud Wrote: Maybe they had better songs?

Dave

I think they had Marlene Deitrich :-)

VE

They had Marlene Dietrich - and they had Swedish Zarah Leander, and off course Norwegian soprano and Hitler's Wagner favourite Kirsten Flagstad.
They should have won, eh? ;-)

AF

08-22-2012, 05:27 AM,
I agree with VE's original post and thanks for the Kursk scenario's it was good to play the Russians against a good opponent even with a lot less than their actual strength.
Those invincible German Engineers,Tigers and Panthers were just not enough for a German victory in those Kursks scenario's and developed something like history actually did.

To anyone else I would say don't play this CS game if you think you have an a historical simulation. The Germans are nearly always way too strong for any kind of reality, especially in scenario's after 1942.

Balance is OK though if you want a good game, sadly that too is often missing in many scenario's.

I'm glad now that I don't seem be be alone in my opinion.
Oh! well so long as it's fun then I guess that's the main thing.

Cheers,
Gordon:Smile
08-22-2012, 06:18 AM,
(08-22-2012, 05:27 AM)Gordons HQ Wrote: Oh! well so long as it's fun then I guess that's the main thing.

Cheers,

...and that pretty well sums it up for me! Smile

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-22-2012, 07:07 AM,
(08-22-2012, 06:18 AM)Scud Wrote:
(08-22-2012, 05:27 AM)Gordons HQ Wrote: Oh! well so long as it's fun then I guess that's the main thing.

Cheers,

...and that pretty well sums it up for me! Smile

Dave

Me three! Pipe2

Cheers2

HSL