• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Top ten things I have learned.
09-15-2012, 03:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2012, 03:50 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
RE: Top ten things I have learned.
My post #15, prior to argumentative:
(08-21-2012, 07:09 PM)PawelM Wrote: Actually trucks, halftracks and other vehicles and their ability to drive through the forest (off road I mean) is another thing I have learned from CS. Apparently one can drive through the forest. I am still reluctant to try driving my car in the woods. I fear Ii would not get too far before having a tee sliced through my bonnet :)

Yup! Eek
I usually refer to it as "I've done my axle breaking trip through the woods". Music Man

As long as the hexside elevation allows it you can drive a non-four wheel drive vehicle to the top of any mountain. Tractor

But, you have to drive around an on map air unit. White Flag

Buds

HSL

Italics and in bold after argumentative. Helmet Wink
After this, #15, post my example was the 2 1/2 ton truck. Just sayin'. Helmet Rolleyes

Cheers6

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2012, 10:50 PM,
And, for anyone not having access to "Truck Wars". For West Front. See what trucks and unarmed half tracks can do! Helmet Smile

cheers

HSL

Attached Files
.zip   TruckFight.zip (Size: 44.81 KB / Downloads: 3)
09-16-2012, 12:24 AM,
(09-15-2012, 03:50 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: My post #15, prior to argumentative:
(08-21-2012, 07:09 PM)PawelM Wrote: Actually trucks, halftracks and other vehicles and their ability to drive through the forest (off road I mean) is another thing I have learned from CS. Apparently one can drive through the forest. I am still reluctant to try driving my car in the woods. I fear Ii would not get too far before having a tee sliced through my bonnet :)

Yup! Eek
I usually refer to it as "I've done my axle breaking trip through the woods". Music Man

As long as the hexside elevation allows it you can drive a non-four wheel drive vehicle to the top of any mountain. Tractor

But, you have to drive around an on map air unit. White Flag

Buds

HSL

Italics and in bold after argumentative. Helmet Wink
After this, #15, post my example was the 2 1/2 ton truck. Just sayin'. Helmet Rolleyes

Cheers6

HSL

OK, I think we were talking past each other; we were each arguing with a strawman Big Laugh I see how our disconnect started; it's one of the pitfalls of forums. It's not quite like a bunch of guys sitting around a table in a bar, where everybody throws in their two cents, and somebody can say, "wait a minute, you talking about trucks or halftracks??"

Each entry - when it's a reply to prior entry - really is a 1:1 comm between two people, or that's how it works in my little brain. I look at the prior post quoted at the top of a post, and assume that's what this one is about. Very linear thinking, I know, but I'm an old fart.

Actually, I found the thread late, and reading through it sequentially, I entered the conversation with a response specific to an earlier post of yours, the one below. I saw your exchanges with Pawel and others, that were ongoing, but I wasn't responding to them, or following them into a discussion of trucks and broken axles. I was hull-down, eye to the glass, attempting to continue a direct exchange with you, while your turret traversed rapidly, engaging in multiple directions, and your driver continued forward movement. Forums make my head hurt. No fight; no blame. Cheers3

(08-20-2012 05:26 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote:
It's not the trees and roads that are important....it's....wait for it...........the......HALFTRACKS :-)

Yes!
Also, scenario designers always seem to think that the German side grew them on trees.

But, that is O.K., because the developers think that all the German half tracks versions should be well represented.

And, players think they should drive up the side of mountains to get that one little peek at the enemy.

HSL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------