• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM x2 mods?
08-14-2012, 06:32 AM,
CM x2 mods?
Hi all.

One of my biggest passions about the old CM x1 series was the mass of high quality mods you could get for the game, are there any mods like that available for the CM x2 series or are these games not made to be mod friendly?

TTFN Matt
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2012, 02:14 PM,
RE: CM x2 mods?
There are lots of mods that you can download from Battlefront's Repository.
But IMO default graphics look so much better in CMx2 that there's less need for mods.
08-14-2012, 06:16 PM,
With CMx1 the difference between the mods and the stock graphics was,usually,significant. I spent quite a lot of time downloading and installing the winter mods.
I'm quite pleased with how things look with the stock graphics. The mods might be better,but i doubt,it is significantly better.
Send this user an email
08-15-2012, 02:16 AM,
Thanks for that, i had no idea Battlefront hosted a mod section!

Your quite right in saying that CM x2 looks great at full settings but i do love modding up games....my copy of Skyrim looks nothing like the standard version now. Big Grin2

If i find any nice mods i'll post em here so you guys can take a look see. You never know you may see something that takes your fancy!

TTFN
08-15-2012, 05:57 AM,
Well I can attest to the fact that the panthers look very nice, I think I am up against every one of them the Germans ever built!!! PzIV, what the heck is that?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
08-15-2012, 06:21 AM,
(08-15-2012, 05:57 AM)Weasel Wrote: Well I can attest to the fact that the panthers look very nice, I think I am up against every one of them the Germans ever built!!! PzIV, what the heck is that?

ROFL.....strangely enough the venerable PZ IV H is my all time favourite German tank of the war, ever since i saw one as a kid at a museum....long time ago now! :P

I'm surprised that with a game that looks as good as this one does, on max settings, there's not more DAR/AAR's about.

TTFN
08-18-2012, 12:15 AM,
Just a couple of mods i rather like atm, they are a new UI, new high detail uniforms, a weathered Greyhound AC, new fire/smoke textures (they look really nice when animated) and some new small arms gunfire sound effects.

[Image: cmbn002.jpg]

[Image: cmbn001.jpg]

Next on my list to try are some armour skins and i may try one of the 'gridded' terrain mods. Smile

Happy gaming.

TTFN Matt
08-18-2012, 09:47 AM,
BF has a lot of nice improvements for CMBN. However, I think that CMFI is still too new for the modders to get busy. I am hoping that, in time, that will happen.
08-21-2012, 01:41 PM,
You're spanking my kitties in this battle!! At least I took out a couple dogs in the process......

I use the armor mods from Inigo Bildarraz aka Aristoteles. Here is one of the Panthers:
[Image: img_2079_01.jpg]

(08-18-2012, 12:15 AM)Fubar Wrote: Just a couple of mods i rather like atm, they are a new UI, new high detail uniforms, a weathered Greyhound AC, new fire/smoke textures (they look really nice when animated) and some new small arms gunfire sound effects.

[Image: cmbn002.jpg]

[Image: cmbn001.jpg]

Next on my list to try are some armour skins and i may try one of the 'gridded' terrain mods. Smile

Happy gaming.

TTFN Matt

08-22-2012, 05:52 AM,
Yeah Aris seems to make the nicest skins ive found so far, i'm just trying new stuff as i need it. I may try a gridded terrain next!

I think i'm being lucky in our game, i cant believe the large number of first shots that land on-target, i think in our next game we need to try a more realistic skill setting.....i cant remember what we picked for this game!

TTFN