• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Snow in Tunisia?
08-13-2012, 04:27 AM,
Snow in Tunisia?
I'm sure this sounds strange, but I'm thinking about making a campaign involving a fictional country which would use East Front (German, Sov) units but the Tunisia map (basically using Tunisia to create a mini-Russia). Using the East Front OOBs and graphics seems easy enough, as well as changing the town names, but there might be one major problem...

The problem is snow...can't have an East Front game without snow, but I presume that the Tunisia game would not include snow weather effects like the East Front games, but I don't have the game to check--could someone please confirm?

If the game doesn't include snow as part of the game, is it possible to use the parameters file or something else to get snow effects?
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2012, 04:34 AM,
RE: Snow in Tunisia?
Within the Map folder, I'm showing a 2DSnow50 and a 2DSnow100 file and a 3DSnow50 and a 3DSnow100 file.
08-13-2012, 05:51 AM,
Who'da thunk? Thanks.

So it sounds like the graphics are there, but any idea if the scenario editor allows you to actually set snow conditions?
08-13-2012, 05:54 AM,
Sorry, I can't help you out with the editor. I've never tried to use it before, so I have no idea what can be done with it.
08-13-2012, 11:08 AM,
There is no snow or frozen conditions in the middle east games.
08-13-2012, 06:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2012, 06:56 PM by JDR Dragoon.)
Change the weather.dat file. This should give you what you want. The Programmed Weather Optional Rule must be in effect though.
Send this user an email
08-13-2012, 07:22 PM,
(08-13-2012, 06:55 PM)JDR Dragoon Wrote: Change the weather.dat file. This should give you what you want. The Programmed Weather Optional Rule must be in effect though.
Thanks for the suggestion; I have not played around with the weather files but will take a look.

If nothing else, it seems like I could replicate snow by revising movement rates in the parameters file and using snow graphics, or is there more to it than that?