• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Team Game--Tarawa (Proud and Few)
08-15-2012, 11:03 PM,
RE: New Team Game--Tarawa (Proud and Few)
The team game has already begun, but if a few more people are interested, Marc can start up a second. We've got 2, need 3 more. Recruit!
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 05:20 AM,
How is the current Tarawa team game going? Are the beaches running red?
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
10-10-2012, 05:30 AM,
(10-10-2012, 05:20 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: How is the current Tarawa team game going? Are the beaches running red?

All quiet in the east on my end, it's been up to two weeks now since I sent over the last part of my turn, USMC 2/2 BLT, to Jeff and I haven't heard from anyone since then, but I think that the cauldron is churning. The marines are having pretty hard time and the IJA their field day, the whole force lost about some good few hundreds men,all of our tracked vehicles and some of the vessels, I'd say that the Japs are starting to crack a bit, but they're busy moving and regrouping, rotating in and out of the first line and feeding virtually everything they have into the battle.
Tough going, that bloody Tarawa.
10-10-2012, 07:08 AM,
Who has the turn now?
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
10-10-2012, 06:03 PM,
Sorry guys. I had thought I played my turn last week but it seems not the case. I completed my moves and sent Bill's way yesterday.
10-10-2012, 09:28 PM,
(10-10-2012, 06:03 PM)Ozgur Budak Wrote: Sorry guys. I had thought I played my turn last week but it seems not the case. I completed my moves and sent Bill's way yesterday.

No problem Oz. I have done the same thing before Jester
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
10-10-2012, 11:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2012, 11:37 PM by burroughs.)
(10-10-2012, 06:03 PM)Ozgur Budak Wrote: Sorry guys. I had thought I played my turn last week but it seems not the case. I completed my moves and sent Bill's way yesterday.

I think that is a problem; the Japanese lost their face and they should now commit a group seppuku also known as harakiri which is reputedly a more colloquial and vulgar version of the former. Coming out with their hand up ( the other one blown off preferably ... ) will do, we're not as equally blood thirsty.
11-21-2012, 02:17 AM,
Gentelmen!

What's up with the game? What's the status of the Tarawa landings? I feel like I have not completed a turn for weeks now and doubt that I am wrong in that regard. I also haven't heard from anyone at all on the subject.What's up? That's my first team game ever and despite horrible losses taken by our marines and the situation looking grim I don't feel ready to yield yet.
11-21-2012, 02:56 AM,
Sorry about that. The ball has been in our court, however both Oz and I have been extra busy as of late. I am expecting to send our finished turn back to you by tomorrow night.

And I am glad to hear it's looking grim from your side too! Our ammo is beginning to run low and yet the tide of bodies continues to steadily advance towards our positions.
11-21-2012, 03:04 AM,
(08-06-2012, 11:37 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: Gents,

Marc has completed his massive Tarawa scenario and has given me the chance to offer it up exclusively to the Blitz members as a team competition. You must have Proud and Few in order to play.

Marc feels that we'll need at 3 US players and 2 Japanese players to make this team game work. Any and all interested parties please post here and after a couple of days we'll see where we are. Hopefully we'll have enough for 2 full team games. In the event that we have an odd number of players, I will pull names out of a hat to determine who gets to play. Let me know if you have a preference of sides

The scenario will *not* be revealed until the sides have been set and the game is ready to go! I will release the scenario to the general public the next day. You guys get an exclusive glimpse at this baby.

Marc will be acting as the over-all facilitator/guru/referee of the scenario, since it is his baby and he does have some specific house rules in place. He will be taking over things from here. All I can say, anyone who is adverse to seeing large numbers of his men getting killed need not apply!

Both sides also need to be willing to send Marc your bte files with your passwords as necessary if there are issues that arise during the game play.

Thanks to Marc for his hard work and for giving first crack at this scenario to the members of the Blitz.

Have at it gentlemen.

I'm in if the numbers are there. Perhaps several matches. An be set up.