• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Olympic opening ceremony
07-28-2012, 10:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2012, 11:02 AM by Otto von Blotto.)
Off Topic  Olympic opening ceremony
Been watching the opening Olympic ceremony what is this guy on..this is during the Germans team entry, read the lips of the duchess of Cornwall behind him and the mayor of London's response hint "WTF". I couldn't believe it until I had watched it again....http://youtu.be/1ViYuG78B1I

Other than that good show all round...Jester
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2012, 09:02 PM,
RE: Olympic opening ceremony
LOL! ROTFLMAO

Great response by the Duchess! All the old German dude needed was an "88" on his lapel? LMAO

Buds

HSL
07-29-2012, 07:28 AM,
This is Walther Tröger, former president of the German NOK. I do not think he meant this as a Nazi salute, rather a waving known from carnival.
07-29-2012, 07:54 AM,
(07-29-2012, 07:28 AM)Alpha Zwo Wrote: This is Walther Tröger, former president of the German NOK. I do not think he meant this as a Nazi salute, rather a waving known from carnival.

I don't think he was either, but her reaction was still hysterical.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-29-2012, 09:17 AM,
Agreed it wasn't what it looked liked but maybe a proper wave would have been a better gesture.

The reaction was priceless...LOL