• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

STALINGRAD Team Game
07-14-2012, 07:11 PM,
New Game  STALINGRAD Team Game

Gentlemen,

I´ve been thinking about some team game for a little while now and just today I´ve made my mind. It´s beena long time since I´ve played anything from one of my favourite titles - Stalingrad. I would like to invite you to join a team game of the main campaign variant - The SS to the Rescue (HTH).

Here´s what I envisage - Three players (at least) on each side, could be more of course, commanding the units in an untraditional way. What exactly do I mean? Most campaign team games are played in the way that three players for example, command the three Armees, Armies or Fronts, whit everything that goes down the chain from that Army HQ. So there´s mostly cooperation on the strategic level. That´s not bad, but what about taking it into another level? Nothing difficult but spliting the forces by divisions. Thus, it´ll be more about tactical cooperation as well.

Let´s give us an example - we have three players, we have three Army Korps, each with three divisions. Every player would have a command over one of the Korps, giving orders that should be followed. Meanwhile, every player would also have a command over one of the three divisions under that Korps. Get it? Far more fun I think Helmet Smile This is just an example, Stalingrad game has some nice numbers of divisions so the spliting of the forces will create many variations of it. There are also Army HQs to count.

In this Campaign game, there are also few SS Divisions waiting to rescue their trapped comrades later in the game, as well as the Winter Storm forces in the south. Both sides will get their chance to attack and to defend.

This type of team game maybe asks for a little more planning and thinking, cooperation and communication, but that´s what I like about the team games in the first placeHelmet Wink Experienced players should create a core of the teams, but everyone is welcome :)

One more thing - this is a team game, it will take time, but if someone drops down, his forces will split under the command of the remaining players, far more easier in this way than taking over a full army of the dropped player.

So guys, anyone interested???? Let me know if you have more suggestions as well;)

Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2012, 05:57 PM,
RE: STALINGRAD Team Game

Looonellyyyyy, I am so lonelyyyyyy TEEHEE

I´ll probably degrade this into a single player game at least, anyone interested in playing this campaign? I´ll take any side Helmet Wink

Quote this message in a reply