• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New RS scenario...Khalkhin Gol/Nomonhan
07-12-2012, 01:22 PM,
New Game  New RS scenario...Khalkhin Gol/Nomonhan
One of the least known conflicts of the last century or so is that which occurred along the Khalkin Gol or Halha River between the Mongolian Peoples Republic (a Soviet client) and the Japanese puppet state Manchukuo. This occurred in an area of isolated, empty and barren steppe, frigid in winter, scorching in summer.
Over some three months in the summer of 1939, a border disputed escalated from small incursions by Mongol cavalry into a savage conflict involving corps scale formations, including armoured forces. The Japanese were totally defeated. A case exists that this defeat was instrumental in the Japanese choosing the path of total war to the east and south, rather than north and west.
Plenty more in the historical notes added. I plan two or three more scens in this campaign. They will be substantially bigger and longer than this, (Corps size with substantial armour and night combat armour.
I have just now posted it in the H2H area.
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 01:57 PM,
RE: New RS scenario...Khalkhin Gol/Nomonhan
I like this subject and have tried to find battles in various games. Glad you took the time to research it and make the battles.

I didn't see it in the H2H area.
07-12-2012, 02:14 PM,
(07-12-2012, 01:57 PM)junk2drive Wrote: I like this subject and have tried to find battles in various games. Glad you took the time to research it and make the battles.

I didn't see it in the H2H area.

Thanks, Junk, fascinating stuff. I guess it needs checking by the H2H Fuehrer. I did a little scen on this a while ago.... ** In the middle of nowhere! ....which hasn't troubled the scorers much.
I'll attach the Historical Notes here (if I can!!! ) Wikipedia is a reasonable ref.

Attached Files
.txt   Khalkin Gol-Historical Notes.txt (Size: 3.98 KB / Downloads: 12)
07-12-2012, 08:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012, 08:47 PM by Kool Kat.)
(07-12-2012, 02:14 PM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: I guess it needs checking by the H2H Fuehrer.

Gents: Smoke7

All scenarios submitted to the CS H2H area are reviewed and validated by me prior to upload.

Interesting force mix and terrain in Rod's early war scenario! :)

You may download the game files and register for a test game HERE.

Thank you for your submission Rod... and all the best in your testing efforts.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-12-2012, 10:57 PM,
Anyone up for playing the first one, then the test?