• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Marsh: Snow to Soft means tanks stuck
07-10-2012, 12:25 AM,
Marsh: Snow to Soft means tanks stuck
So In bulge 44 my opponent had some tanks in a marsh hex on the midnight turn. When the weather changed from snow to soft the vehicles are stuck for good, until the weather changes! Not the big cats thou-too bad for me. Anyone see this before? and Anyone have an idea on a fix?
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 02:56 AM,
RE: Marsh: Snow to Soft means tanks stuck
Isn't this supposed to happen? Perhaps he should have avoided the Marsh :)
07-10-2012, 03:10 AM,
Yup, my guess is they are stuck unless the weather turns back to snow again.
07-10-2012, 03:16 AM,
(07-10-2012, 03:10 AM)Foul. Wrote: Yup, my guess is they are stuck unless the weather turns back to snow again.

yep thats what I figured...thou keith and Ive been playing since kharkov 42 was first released and we never encountered this b4. Moto hqs are totally f'd if they venture into marsh on the turn before the weather turns.
07-10-2012, 06:20 AM,
If you haven't encountered it before then it must be because K42 doesn't have many marsh hexes. It always pays to look for "[Marsh]" terrain and avoid it if the weather report gives a good indication that the snow will melt.
Send this user an email
07-10-2012, 06:39 AM,
Just add that to the hundred other things you need to remember in these great games! Big Grin
07-10-2012, 08:00 AM,
(07-10-2012, 06:39 AM)Foul. Wrote: Just add that to the hundred other things you need to remember in these great games! Big Grin

very true.....:)
07-14-2012, 03:19 AM,
I'm certain that there is historical precedent for this.
07-22-2012, 10:27 PM,
I learned that a several decades ago playing Squad Leader. I moved three KV1's into marsh and didn't have the points to get them out. There is a picture floating around of some Russian tanks stuck in a bog that I would of liked to have seen back then :whis:
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman