• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unit bitmap types?
07-07-2012, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012, 04:37 AM by Crossroads.)
Unit bitmap types?
Can anyone refresh my mind again what the various unit bitmaps are for?

First, the files on the main folder

Up0000.bmp (basic unit picture / "mid" war unit picture?)
Mp0000.bmp (unit picture when loaded?)
Xp0000.bmp (When on water? And when on snow?) Is this the reason some of the Finnish ski capable units are on skis when on shallow water or pontoon bridge although on a summer scenario?

Then, the Specials folder

E-Up etc ("early" war unit picture?)
L-Up etc ("late" war unit picture?)
S-Up etc (Winter?)

And after that, do all the countries support this functionality? Say if I provide E-Up, L-Up and S-Up bitmaps for say Axis Soviet Union (Country code 24 in EF), does it work?

And are there differences between EF, WF and RS regarding this?

Lots of questions I know Jester

Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 05:58 AM,
RE: Unit bitmap types?
Hey Petri, yep that's it! Also SP as you know is for air units! Only the countries that have the special icons so far, are supported, for some reason. Haven't tried an actual experiment in depth, but years ago tried something with Hungary, and no-go.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-07-2012, 06:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012, 01:57 AM by Crossroads.)
Thanks Mike, you're da man (again!) Helmet Smile

So, do you think my water skiing unit bug in Vuoksi scenario is really the Xp thing, as the EF engine dutifully displays that while on water?

And as for Allied Germany, I guess I would just need to rename all available L-Up bitmaps into respective Up bitmaps and drop them there for better aesthetics effect... I guess that's what you were saying earlier...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-07-2012, 08:32 AM,
Hey Petri,

Thanks, I'm pretty sure that's what's going on with those ski units!

I would do that for Allied Germany, yes, then it will display the later war stuff correctly. You can get rename-it for free on the internet to do mass name changes!

Gonna make a new unit for the Soviets, the Aerosan, will need those for a later-war scenario I have in mind!! They were custom-built engine powered sleds.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/