• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

STUFF I SHOULD KNOW BUT......
06-23-2012, 09:06 AM,
STUFF I SHOULD KNOW BUT......
A leader (foot or motorised) exercises leadership over his own people in the same hex.
Does the same apply for a foot leader riding in (ie loaded on) a jeep,on a horse,on a tank etc, or does he have to unload before kicking arse and taking names?
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2012, 10:03 AM,
RE: STUFF I SHOULD KNOW BUT......
(06-23-2012, 09:06 AM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: A leader (foot or motorised) exercises leadership over his own people in the same hex.
Does the same apply for a foot leader riding in (ie loaded on) a jeep,on a horse,on a tank etc, or does he have to unload before kicking arse and taking names?

I don't know but it seems the leader should lead from wherever they are........of course Custer dismounted and that didn't work out all that well either.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
06-23-2012, 11:33 AM,
(06-23-2012, 10:03 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 09:06 AM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: A leader (foot or motorised) exercises leadership over his own people in the same hex.

I don't know but it seems the leader should lead from wherever they are........of course Custer dismounted and that didn't work out all that well either.

VE

ROTFLMAO I think that once mounted or in the jeep tank etc, they are "insulated", as it were, and therefore lose the mojo. But I don't KNOW, and I should.
06-23-2012, 09:53 PM,
I'm not sure either. Best way to tell is to have a leader loaded in a transport in the same hex as is HQ. Check the HQ command range.
Unload the leader and see if the HQ range increases? Hook
Or put a loaded leader in a hex and fire a unit in the hex. Then see if the leader has less AP's than a regular load and unload? Walk the Plank

This is all I found in the manual:

Command Control – Under this rule, the HQ supply “ranges” are varied depending on the year and the nationality. Each nationality has a built-in modifier that modifies the base “50% range” of each HQ. For example, in 1942 each German HQ has a 120% (1.20) modifier that is applied to modify the base range of each HQ (as seen in Campaign Series’ Pdata.hlp file). Thus, a German battalion HQ that normally has a 50% range of “8” has that multiplied by 1.20, resulting in a new “50% range” value of “10.”
In addition to the above modifier (depending on year and nationality), any HQ that is stacked in the same hex with the Leader associated with that HQ has its base “50% range” increased by that leader’s Leadership Number. For instance, a divisional-level Leader only increases the range of his division’s HQ, not the regimental and/or battalion HQs of his division.

6.0 Leaders
A Leader can perform several crucial functions. Not all organizations will have a Leader present on the map; consider any Leader that is present to be a “special” personality. To locate the units subordinate to a Leader (i.e., under his command), select that Leader and press the “Highlight Organization” Tool button; all units subordinate to him will be highlighted.
The higher the Command and Leadership Ratings of a Leader, the more valuable that Leader is. These values are displayed in the Leader’s Info Box when he is selected.
A Leader in the same hex as a firing unit that is subordinate to him will automatically modify the Attack Strength of that attacking unit equal to his Command Rating (listed in the Leader’s Info Box), provided the Leader has Action Points greater than or equal to the Fire Cost of the firing unit. A Leader used thusly to “direct” fire automatically expends AP equal to the AP spent by the firing unit. Only the Leader with the highest Command Rating participating in an Assault modifies his side by his Command Rating.

If a leader is loaded in a truck, is he on the map? And, are his AP's only depleted through movement? Good question. Box Hide

BTW, good one Earl. Custer saw all the Indians and called for his valet to make ready his brown pants. Peace Pipe Farmer

Wine

HSL