• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Objective Lipel 1941 - Newest H2H Approved Scenario!
06-22-2012, 07:38 PM,
RE: Objective Lipel 1941 - Newest H2H Approved Scenario!
Yep very good article, is how I make all the maps now, at least for the elevations and major terrain features. Forests and such change, so it's good to also have a period map, if possible!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2012, 12:21 AM,
(06-22-2012, 06:59 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 04:41 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Edit 2: File for the "Campaign Series-How to make accurate CS maps with a graphics software program" seems to be missing. Huib, can you upload it again?

I can't fix the link myself. I've resent the article to Raz and others several times in the past. I didn't know it was still not fixed.

Huib

Huib, try uploading the article again, like it was a new entry, but this time, rename your PDF so there are no spaces. Either use a hyphen or underscore instead of a space, or cap each letter and take out spaces. Browsers can't use a space and replace them with "%20". I'm thinking this is what the problem is. If it works, let me know and I'll delete the old article entry.

Raz has time constraints.

Thanks,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-23-2012, 01:53 AM,
(06-23-2012, 12:21 AM)Scud Wrote: Huib, try uploading the article again, like it was a new entry, but this time, rename your PDF so there are no spaces. Either use a hyphen or underscore instead of a space, or cap each letter and take out spaces. Browsers can't use a space and replace them with "%20". I'm thinking this is what the problem is. If it works, let me know and I'll delete the old article entry.

Thanks,
Dave

I can't upload PDF files with a working (local) link for download into the article section. Also the option to insert an external link (to dropbox for example) is greyed out. Doing the latter would also not be consistant to how the article section has set up so far. In fact I'm not sure if ever new articles have been added by "normal" users since we have this venus forum software.

I'm also OK if you delete the entire entry to this particular article. The newer article on Google Earth basically uses the same principles anyway. I might rework that article some day to explain how you can use a double overlay in Google Earth, i.e.: an overlay with hexnumbers together with an overlay of a topomap at the same time. Doing it that way makes using a graphics program nearly superfluous.

Huib
06-23-2012, 04:20 AM,
(06-23-2012, 01:53 AM)Huib Versloot Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 12:21 AM)Scud Wrote: Huib, try uploading the article again, like it was a new entry, but this time, rename your PDF so there are no spaces. Either use a hyphen or underscore instead of a space, or cap each letter and take out spaces. Browsers can't use a space and replace them with "%20". I'm thinking this is what the problem is. If it works, let me know and I'll delete the old article entry.

Thanks,
Dave

I can't upload PDF files with a working (local) link for download into the article section. Also the option to insert an external link (to dropbox for example) is greyed out. Doing the latter would also not be consistant to how the article section has set up so far. In fact I'm not sure if ever new articles have been added by "normal" users since we have this venus forum software.

I'm also OK if you delete the entire entry to this particular article. The newer article on Google Earth basically uses the same principles anyway. I might rework that article some day to explain how you can use a double overlay in Google Earth, i.e.: an overlay with hexnumbers together with an overlay of a topomap at the same time. Doing it that way makes using a graphics program nearly superfluous.

Huib

OK. I'll delete it and let Raz know about the uploading problems. Not sure what's going on with that.

Thanks,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email