• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Couple new scenarios in the works..
06-10-2012, 10:07 PM,
News  Couple new scenarios in the works..
Hey all, just an FYI that very soon one or two scenario's will be available. One for EF where the scenario deals with the Polish attacking the Soviets in 1939 at the village of Szack. A small, fast paced and very fun scenario!

The battle of Szack
28 September, 1939
[Eastern Poland, village of Szack]: [H2H/ALLIED][HISB][BB] Deputy commander of KOP, general Wilhelm Orlik-Rueckemann decided to unite as many troops under his command as possible and join with the rest of Polish forces in the west. He ordered all the KOP forces in Polesie area to withdraw. In several days he managed to gather approximately 9 000 men under his command, coming from various units spread on 300 kilometres long strip of the Polish-Soviet border. On September 19 he ordered all his units to march towards Kowel, where his forces were to be joined by the Independent Operational Group Polesie under general Franciszek Kleeberg. However, the difficult situation and the outcome of the battles of Brzesc and Kobryn forced Rueckemann's group to change the plans. The Polish units changed the direction and started to march through the forests towards Wlodawa and Kamien Koszyrski.
The group found itself in a no-man's-land between the Soviet forces and the Wehrmacht and could operate freely. However, the morale of the troops was low and on September 27 general Orlik-Rueckemann decided to engage the Soviet forces in order to achieve a victory and raise the morale. The Polish forces were marching in two columns. In the early morning of September 28 the northern column reached the forests near the village of Mielniki while the southern column reached the forests east of Szack. Polish reconnaissance reported that the town of Szack was occupied by Soviet infantry and tanks. Orlik-Rueckemann ordered both columns to form a defensive line along the border of the forest and provoked the Red Army to attack. A civilian went to the Commander of the 411th Tank Battalion, and told him of a Polish squadron wishing to surrender, in the forest South of Szack Kapitan Nieseniuk, without checking on the intel, or recon of that area, or notifying the Divisional HQ, took his unit down the isthmus between Lakes Lucimier and Krugloje. The Polish cavalry, with 37mm ATG's in position waited until the tanks were inside of 500 meters and opened fire. The tankers responded poorly and were thrown into confusion, lossing some tanks and withdrawing. Shortly thereafter, the Poles launched their attack on Szack, first Battalion Balcerzak, then Battalion Berezne. After a short struggle, the town was in Polish hands, heralding a much needed, if not short-lived Polish victory!

The second is for WF where the partisan detachment Pelister is faced down in their last action against Bulgarian Army/Police forces in the mountains outside of Oreovo, a small town near Bitola, Macedonia.

The demise of detachment Pelister
23 November, 1942
[Oreovo, Macedonia, 5Km South of Bitola] : [H2H/AXIS] [HISB] [BB] :This scenario depicts the final battle of the Pelister Detachment. It was formed in April 1942 in Lavci, Macedonia, and had fought several battles against the Bulgarian Army, and Police. This day however, they will fight the final battle for survival against a vastly numerically superior force. In reality, the detachment lost 2/3rds of it's fighting force. The resistance movement in the occupied lands was a constant strain on the Germans and Bulgarians, many actions were taken against the invaders, and resistance groups popped up all over. This is the story of just one of them. Not much is recorded of this event, so it is in fact an historically-based fictional scenario. [ALL] [NIGHT/DUSK]

I would have liked to run them through the H2H process, but since there are not very many willing testers, and my H2H que is full this isn't going to happen, they are both H2H, however. Special thanks to Hawk Kriegsman for his ever-availability to test and also Daisy and Ivan The Big for helping with the Bulgarian scenario.

The Polish oob gets the ATR added as a seperate unit for EF, and the Bulgarians get an update for the infantry, the previous infantry was too high of a FP value.

Stay tuned!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2012, 10:32 PM,
RE: Couple new scenarios in the works..
(06-10-2012, 10:07 PM)Warhorse Wrote: I would have liked to run them through the H2H process, but since there are not very many willing testers, and my H2H que is full this isn't going to happen, they are both H2H, however. Special thanks to Hawk Kriegsman for his ever-availability to test and also Daisy and Ivan The Big for helping with the Bulgarian scenario.

The Polish oob gets the ATR added as a seperate unit for EF, and the Bulgarians get an update for the infantry, the previous infantry was too high of a FP value.

Stay tuned!!

Hey Mike:

Just sent you an email on your Korean Mod H2H scenarios!
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
06-10-2012, 10:39 PM,
I'm not an EF fan but Poland 39 does interest me. I'm willing to do a H2H test if you want one before release.
06-11-2012, 02:33 AM,
Thanks Paul, that one is well in hand, appreciate the offer though! I should be able to release this one as soon as Erik and I finish this round!

That and the Bulgarian one are unfortunately not available for special points, since I already have three scenarios in the H2H testing area!! I do need help with those however!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-12-2012, 05:31 PM,
Mike, I'd be happy to join in testing the Polish scenario. I don't care about the ladder points so this looks like a project for me - and would be the least I could do with all the help I've received from you! Cheers6
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-12-2012, 06:50 PM,
I'm really looking forward for 'The battle of Szack'. I'm Polish and it's nice to see more September '39 campaign scenarios.
06-12-2012, 09:31 PM,
(06-10-2012, 10:07 PM)Warhorse Wrote: I would have liked to run them through the H2H process, but since there are not very many willing testers, and my H2H que is full this isn't going to happen, they are both H2H, however. Special thanks to Hawk Kriegsman for his ever-availability to test and also Daisy and Ivan The Big for helping with the Bulgarian scenario.

Hey Mike: Smoke7

There is a restriction of 3 scenarios per designer in the H2H Test Area. This is to ensure that there will be available test slots for other designers and their creations! :)

As CS H2H Custodian, I think the "best" solution to your H2H space issue is to assist with the play testing and for other players to step up and help play test your Korean Mod scenarios. Get those scenarios through H2H in order to clear slots for additional ones.

I've agreed to help and am assisting Mike play test his Chip'yong-ni scenario. Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email