• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

movie: Dogs of War
06-13-2012, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2012, 01:42 AM by Kool Kat.)
Off Topic  movie: Dogs of War
Rewatched this movie last evening, in between watching LA KIngs beat NJ Devils for Stanley Cup, and I can't believe that they cast the actor Chrostopher Walken as the lead role in this film. If ever there was an individual who does not portray the fictional role of a tough hard bitten Mercenairy leader, it has to be him. What were they thinking?

Gil
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2012, 12:01 PM,
RE: movie: Dogs of War
Actually, I appreciate the casting (Walken) since I've met a few guys who've actually done this work, and they are more eccentric and dissimilar than you might think; not much like the celluloid 'mercenary' stereotype at all.

I knew one whose real life experience was very similar to the Walken character's in DoW, except the betrayal was sniffed out when en route to Africa on shipboard, and the force commander turned the ship around and made landfall off Brazil - where the bunch of them were rounded up and thrown in a Brazilian prison, although their only goal at that point was an air ticket home. So much for the "sacre mercenaire"....

Bill
Quote this message in a reply