• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thunder In The North Mirror Tournament (CLOSED)
06-10-2012, 08:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2013, 06:38 PM by Crossroads.)
Smile  Thunder In The North Mirror Tournament (CLOSED)
[Image: lwm-medals.jpg]

As of now we've got five participants. Once we are six I believe we can begin. During the first round we can always accomodate for anyone wanting to get in as long as they can be put to pairs.

Tournament rules

I am new to mirror tournaments, but I suggest each mirrored game we report (i) friendly losses (ii) enemy losses (iii) objective points held (iv) total points as reported by the game at the end of it. Then we can determine the result for a round when comparing how the particular player ended the round as (i) Axis and as (ii) Allied.

Example:
- Across Vuoksi as Axis (i) 412 pts (ii) 622 pts (iii) 750 pts (iv) 950 pts Minor Loss
- Across Vuoksi as Allied (i) 520 pts (ii) 725 pts (iii) 1250 pts (iv) 1450 pts Minor Win
- Points for the round: 1450 + 950 = 2400 points

As we are testing the scenarios as we play, we can of course decide whether the results should be modified somehow. On the other hand, everyone gets to play from *both* sides, so the results do even up.

Both games per round (as Axis and as Allied) should commence concurrently.

Not sure we need any ROEs (practically no half tracks involved Helmet Wink ), but we can agree on them for sure.

Special awards for AARs!

Participants

Ashcloud (1876)
Battle Kat (2043)
Otto von Blotto (2138)
RD_DeathDealer (2069)
Warhorse (1929)
Huib Versloot (2083)
Wolfman (1773)

With six participants, we will have five rounds.

For the first round, I thought we'd stand in a manne where the highest ELO competes vs the lowest, second highest vs second lowest etc. so we get to see how the scenario results vary...

The second round will have the highest ELO starting with the second lowest, and everyone rotates accordingly.

I am open to ideas and suggestions though.

First game: ** Across River Vuoksi LWM

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=60814

Current candidate to begin the hostilities is version "LWM 1.1 a4".
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2012, 10:03 PM,
RE: Thunder In The North Mirror Tournament
All installed and ready. Warrior

ROE I will go with the flow and have no real preference, what rules did you have in mind when making the scenarios as they are the ones we should be playing for Armour Facing, EA and so on.

Scoring, points, and outline premises of the tournament seem ok to me, we don't want it to be too complicated.
06-11-2012, 06:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2012, 02:48 AM by Crossroads.)
Looking forward to it as well Whip

I feel that is it as far as ROEs are concerned. There will be no HT armadas to wonder about, terrain is quite difficult in most cases: any transports brought into front lines are cannon fodder for sure.

Exiting map is not an issue either, I feel. Soviets were often frustrated how they encircled even a Bn side Finnish unit, but the men just evaporated into forests. This of course meant any heavy equipment were lost by them though.

So in most cases it would be all options on, apart VV being off. And perhaps a discussion whether we would like to have AF on or off.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-16-2012, 04:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2012, 10:21 PM by Crossroads.)
OK, we are almost ready to haul butt here! Whip

As it stands:

Otto von Blotto vs Ashcloud
RD_DD vs Battle Kat

- Across River Vuoksi LWM 1.1 a4
- Mirrored game, everyone plays both sides with more or less simultaneous games
- All rules on except VV=OFF. I assume you all want to have AF=ON right?
- No extra ROEs as such, as I do not believe them necessary.

- Deadline to finish: 18 turns, two games per person (as Axis and as Allied): 18 weeks?

What else do we need?

Edit: it is on!

Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-26-2012, 10:21 PM,
And we've got the missing two players as well!

Huib vs Wolfman

Good luck, everyone! Good Luck
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-13-2012, 02:02 AM,
Results for Round One - ** Across River Vuoksi LWM 1.1

RD_DD vs BK: Allied Minor Win

Allied losses: 2425
Axis losses: 2171
VPs: 1750 VPs
Total score: 1496

BK vs RD_DD: Allied Major Loss

Allied losses: 2773
Axis losses: 2047
Objectives held: 1250
Total score: 521

Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-21-2012, 06:29 PM,
Results for Round One - ** Across River Vuoksi LWM 1.1

Otto von Blotto vs Ashcloud

Otto von Blotto: Allied Minor Win

Allied losses: 1813
Axis losses: 2620
VPs: 1750 VPs
Total score: 2557

Otto von Blotto: Axis Major Win

Allied losses: 2425
Axis losses: 1392
Objectives held: 1000
Total score: -33

A resounding success for Otto von Blotto in both games primarily because he blew the bridges when defending and had complete bridges when attacking. Due to my total incompetence I thought I could throw everything forward and try and pound him to dust with arty fire before he could get to the bridges and then in the other game I made a total hash of my river crossing capabilities and was left with one bridge to cross which Terry defended very well (he outplayed me in every way).
Send this user an email
08-23-2012, 05:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 05:38 PM by Crossroads.)
Thanks Ash,

I guess we can conclude a capable player should have the means for a good result while playing either side. dizzy Whip

Let us see how Huib and Richard end up with their battle next though...

Meanwhile, would you like to provide your feed back to scenario? I created a feedback template and the one for this scenario is available here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid365301
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-07-2012, 09:27 PM,
Any Idea how long we may be waiting before the next round. It's been nearly six weeks and I'm champing at the bit to get the next one started....Whip
11-11-2012, 02:42 AM,
And the Round 2 is finally on!

Here are the player pairings:

RD_DeathDealer vs Huib Versloot
Sturmvogel vs Ashcloud
Battle Kat vs Wolfman
Otto von Blotto vs Charlie-66

The scenario to be played is ** Bitter Kuuterselkä LWM 1.1a.

Wolfman and Huib are still doing Round 1 due to Rick's PC problems, while Sturmvogel and Charlie-66 are playing catch up with Round 1 as well at a pace they agree.

I will update the scores a bit later.

Visit us at CSLegion.com