• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How Strong Is Your Password?
05-25-2012, 11:28 PM,
How Strong Is Your Password?
Ever wonder how long it would take to crack that password you always use, you know the one, your wife's nickname + your birth year? If it takes less than a day for a program to crack, consider lengthening it. You'll be surprised what a few "!$!" added to the end will do, or even repeating it in reverse.

Find out: https://passfault.appspot.com/password_s....html#menu

Scud
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2012, 12:25 AM,
RE: How Strong Is Your Password?
Ha. My passwords are in Finnish. At least the same cypher level as Navajo. Good luck breaking them, bots! Peace Pipe
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-26-2012, 12:57 PM,
The password I use for important sites is a special combination/formula I came up with years ago while working for HP/Compaq. Every password "analyzer" I've ever put that system through has given it the highest mark it can. For what it's worth, I've never had it broken. However, while it is easy to remember, after all it is a formula, that is the great weakness - if the formula was once known, virtually all password protected important sites would be vulnerable. I am willing to take that gamble, after long consideration. The power of convenience is enticing.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
05-27-2012, 12:22 AM,
I was happy to see ___"trillions". :accordian:

Watermelon

HSL