• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Normandy '44 question
05-16-2012, 01:11 AM,
Normandy '44 question
I'm eying this as my next PzC purchase. I was wondering if it includes scenarios covering Operation Cobra? I've Googled, but inconclusively.
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2012, 04:09 AM,
RE: Normandy '44 question
There are modded scenarios that cover Mortain, Cobra, and Falaise floating around. Many of them are available in the mod section of this site, some are at Gamesquad forums in the download section (HPS/Panzer Campaigns/Scenarios), and then there are always the essential _alt scenarios over at Volcano Man's site.

The most interesting part of the Normandy campaign, to me at least, are Montgomery's repeated offensives, Cobra, Mortain, and the battle of Falaise. Not sure how many of these got the _alt treatment since they are modded rather than standard scenarios. But there's plenty of Normandy battles in the plain vanilla game.

I've often wondered if there weren't a plan in the works to produce a Breakout and Pursuit/Southern Normandy Campaign that included Brittany, Falaise, and the liberation of Paris. There are people around here who know the answer to that, but they won't be able to comment or even acknowledge if the answer is yes. Though I suspect that the original intent was to leave those scenarios for the modders.

Do the Cobra/Falaise modded scenarios at the Blitz use the McNamara database?
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
05-16-2012, 04:56 AM,
Actually, I never got around to working on my own Cobra, Falaise, or Mortain scenarios (nor Alt conversions of existing ones).

You can find Falaise, Mortain and Cobra scenarios here it seems, and someone could relatively easily replace the unit values in them with the latest _Alt unit values if that is what suits your fancy.
Send this user an email
05-16-2012, 05:33 AM,
(05-16-2012, 01:11 AM)Ubercat Wrote: I'm eying this as my next PzC purchase. I was wondering if it includes scenarios covering Operation Cobra? I've Googled, but inconclusively.

In the "TOC Mod scenario list" sub forum which is located above this forum there is a Normandy 44 area, within that there are two Cobra and one Mortain Mod scenarios that you can play if you buy the Normandy title. ;)
05-16-2012, 10:52 AM,
Thanks guys! Off to NWS now to order.