• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Adding France and UK to EF country list?
05-14-2012, 11:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2012, 11:41 PM by Crossroads.)
c_Question Mark  Adding France and UK to EF country list?
I was thinking adding France and England to EF country roster, mainly to try my hands at a couple of what-if Winter War scenarios where Finland actually would have made the official request for help, and the Anglo-French Expedition actually would have arrived to Finland, instead of just occupying Narvik port in Norway and Swedish ore mines just over the border as the offer for help was interpreted by the more suspicious minds of the time.

Are there available slots? Would it be easy to achieve this?

Adding these countries to EF could be an addition to my Lapland War Mod. I would only consider it though if there would be available slots, so that the LWM would remain backwards compatible.

Regards Petri
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2012, 12:31 AM,
RE: Adding France and UK to EF country list?
It may have been easier to add the LWM content to WF in the beginning. There is Allied and Axis Soviets in WF.
05-15-2012, 12:35 AM,
Ahh... Good point. And Norwegians are in WF too... Hmm...

Oh well, I still might consider adding them to EF, given I've already got a few scenarios out there...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-15-2012, 05:11 AM,
I'm not sure if WF has the early years units for the Soviets though.
05-15-2012, 05:32 AM,
LWM is also about fixing some problems with EF2 Finnish OOB, so I believe that's where it should reside.

But if anyone could give me a hint whether there's free country slots for the said two countries, I just might migrate them for the sake of learning how to do it Idea2
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-15-2012, 05:19 PM,
Or possibly I could add a combined nation, consisting of their OOBs until mid 1940, under the name Anglo-French Expedition Force? This may of course cause more work than simply migrating to complete rosters from WF?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-15-2012, 07:29 PM,
Petri, there are slots, wait until tonight when I get home, will try to find out for you. If they are to remain Allied, yes, use the same slot they use in WF!! 8 and 9.

Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
05-15-2012, 10:37 PM,
Gotcha Mike! Yes, they would be Allied. So given they get to keep their slot number, I am looking at an easy migration? Bring them over, add to Platoon.oob, and have it encrypted by Jason?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-16-2012, 06:29 AM,
Yep, easy as pie!!! Sometimes you get lucky, no?!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
05-16-2012, 04:25 PM,
Hey, this is great news :)

Could you check if US could be added the same way while at it? While I do not see a need for US forces as such for my historical what-ifs, perhaps other would enjoy being able to draft scenarios for EF2 with US forces available?
Visit us at CSLegion.com