• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Air Attack Limits
05-12-2012, 04:38 AM,
Air Attack Limits
Anyone know why it is, when you have, say, 5 air attacks, and you save 1 or 2 for near the end of a scenario, when you go to use them the game says you don't have any attack points left? (I forget the exact wording).

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2012, 04:59 AM,
RE: Air Attack Limits
I am not sure if I am thinking about the same thing, but I have noticed that sometimes the air attack "is recalled". This effectively means the attack I plotted has not materialized. However it seems it is not removed from available list, i.e. it would be still listed as available but when trying to use it the message is no more air strikes avaialble. I think the key is this message earlier in the game "air strike recalled". I do not know if hte fact it is not removed from the available list is deliberate design feature or simply a bug.....
05-12-2012, 07:00 AM,
I think you have the nail hit on the head PawelM.

When a line of sight is no longer traced to the plotted hex, or if the enemy units move away from the plotted hex, the airstrike is recalled. But, the air unit remains on the list as available, just not accessable.

cheers

HSL
05-12-2012, 07:58 AM,
Yep, that's it for sure, very aggravating if you forget how many you in fact did use!!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
05-12-2012, 09:12 AM,
Suppose I'll have to start paying attention. :)

Thanks!
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-12-2012, 10:28 AM,
(05-12-2012, 09:12 AM)Scud Wrote: Suppose I'll have to start paying attention. :)

Thanks!
Dave

It doesn't matter for me.........they are always recalled or they attack some 1 strength truck unit........flyboys just looking for their own glory I guess :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
05-15-2012, 09:15 AM,
Yes PawelM hit it. I've seen that happen. Have to pay better attention myself I guess as to what I've requested.

As for hitting something Von guess I'm lucky, I've clobbered tanks a few times!

Ivan the Big:smoke2:
05-15-2012, 07:33 PM,
Earl, I think the pilots hate wagons and empty jeeps. Target2

Toast

HSL
05-15-2012, 11:59 PM,
Ahh, but they would never attack an empty truck if there's a depleted "Ost" platoon to hit at! Priorities, priorities Helmet Wink

But yes, I have observed the same behaviour as Pawel reported.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-19-2012, 04:20 PM,
Well, holy weinerschnitzel.... I never noticed that (that they stayed in the queue even after recall). Learn something new every day.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.