• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

this game makes me sick (literally)
05-12-2012, 03:37 AM,
Thumbs_Down  this game makes me sick (literally)
Ok, not sure what it is but I am currently playing only two games and when I am done I feel sick. This doesn't happen in the other CM versions only BN, very strange. Maybe it is the scrolling and spinning, I do get motion sick very easily. I want to try turning on the epileptic button to see if that helps but I cannot figure out how,does anyone know?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2012, 08:36 PM,
RE: this game makes me sick (literally)
(05-12-2012, 03:37 AM)Weasel Wrote: Ok, not sure what it is but I am currently playing only two games and when I am done I feel sick. This doesn't happen in the other CM versions only BN, very strange. Maybe it is the scrolling and spinning, I do get motion sick very easily. I want to try turning on the epileptic button to see if that helps but I cannot figure out how,does anyone know?

Do you have a steady framerate? On bigger maps my FPS can be as low as 10-15 FPS and that makes me too a bit dizzy sometimes.
05-14-2012, 04:51 AM,
(05-12-2012, 08:36 PM)zufzuf Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 03:37 AM)Weasel Wrote: Ok, not sure what it is but I am currently playing only two games and when I am done I feel sick. This doesn't happen in the other CM versions only BN, very strange. Maybe it is the scrolling and spinning, I do get motion sick very easily. I want to try turning on the epileptic button to see if that helps but I cannot figure out how,does anyone know?

Do you have a steady framerate? On bigger maps my FPS can be as low as 10-15 FPS and that makes me too a bit dizzy sometimes.

It is a small game but to answer your question, I don't know. Is there a key stroke to bring up FPS? I have a high end system, it plays Empire Total War DM no problem so I think I am ok. I was wondering if maybe it is the resolution being too high, I think it is at 1380x1024.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
05-14-2012, 06:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2012, 06:55 AM by rampantone.)
Hey Weasel you can download fraps for free http://www.fraps.com/download.php here, this will let you see your frame rate as well as take screenshots and make movies. Also CMBN runs best for me anyway when the screen resolution is set to the Desktop in the game settings, and my monitor is at it's native resolution. Do you use the Vertical Sync option in CMBN options? if not give that a try as well, that setting may alleviate some of your problems right off the bat.
05-15-2012, 09:03 AM,
V sync is on, my resolution was native (1380) but I turned it down to 1280 to see if that helps, it may be a bit.

Thanks.