• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

VCO campaign opponent
05-09-2012, 10:40 AM,
Smile  VCO campaign opponent
Hi all,
as title said i'm looking for an opponent willing to play all of the actual 14 volumes of Vietnam Combat Operations from Stephane Moutin-Luyat.

My idea is picking the same side for all the scenarios (i prefer VC side but no problem for USA), i just request a valid and honest player that do not go away in the middle of a game! Crazy

If no one is interested, at least someone for a medium size VCO scenario? (i really like volume 5, 7, 9 and 14)

Someone want to enlist? Salute5

The VCO site is https://sites.google.com/site/vietnamcombatoperations/
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2012, 04:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2012, 05:54 AM by burroughs.)
RE: VCO campaign opponent
(05-09-2012, 10:40 AM)Murphz Wrote: Hi all,
as title said i'm looking for an opponent willing to play all of the actual 14 volumes of Vietnam Combat Operations from Stephane Moutin-Luyat.

My idea is picking the same side for all the scenarios (i prefer VC side but no problem for USA), i just request a valid and honest player that do not go away in the middle of a game! Crazy

If no one is interested, at least someone for a medium size VCO scenario? (i really like volume 5, 7, 9 and 14)

Someone want to enlist? Salute5

The VCO site is https://sites.google.com/site/vietnamcombatoperations/

Just a kind-hearted warning here; that particualr series is by no means suited for the PBEM mode. I talked to Stephane on the subject some three up to four years ago and the NLF/COSVN presence in the theater is such heavily scripted that it leaves virtually non existent space for manoeuver for a human VC/PAVN player.Otherwise people would have played it a lot as it is indeed a splendind achievement and a striking example of what can be done with the favourite game of ours. Try CSV '65 - '75, but I deem it pretty much unwinnable for the MACV side unless the COSVN/NLF player is clumsy, a newbie and makes some serious mistakes.
05-10-2012, 05:33 AM,
I always played versus PO and never see that is not suited for PBEM, i'm sorry. Yes, it's sure heavily scripted that doesn't let free movement.

You mean people that played it PBEM? If yes i would mind to give it a try, maybe with a short one.

Except for CSV what you suggest for a valid PBEM scenario covering the entire Vietnam War?
Send this user an email
05-10-2012, 06:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2012, 06:31 PM by burroughs.)
There's not a great choice; Boonie Rats feels lousy for the NLF/COSVN player, no penalties for Cambodian and Laotian incursions and what's the worst the map size combined with the units number allows the MACV player for creating an impenetrable continuos frontline along the whole of the RVN border, surround and destroy completely any enemy groupings encountered, shore up the guerrilla activity in-country completely then and win the scenario decisively round '66. I definitely don't reccomend. Vietnam '65 - '68 does not obviously cover the entire war, but sports a much better map. However, it seems that the way the scenario plays out is very loosely connected with both sides' activities and success or failures in the theater; the ARVN seem to have a relatively high proficiency, they are higly mobile, possess lots of airlift which weren't the cases historically so that's a setback from the start if one wishes to fight the Vietnam War with more or less approximate historic settings. There are a lot of theater options, but sometimes it's hard to say what a certain thing is all about at all and try to predict what You would get on choosing it.
I think that CSV '65 - '75 is way ahead in that particular league.
05-12-2012, 10:36 AM,
Very thanks burroughs, i am interested in CSV for a PBEM so.

Hope a day VCO will be converted to pbem mode as i was enthusiast to play it against PO, but obviously with human it needs some changes.

So anyone interested in CSV for a long pbem in the jungle?
Send this user an email
06-07-2012, 12:41 AM,

Hello..I'm interested, but should be possible to try, in any case, some VCO scenario? As US/ARVN side....
06-08-2012, 02:29 PM,
As burroughs said VCO it's not suited for pbem in any case because of the scripts VC/PAVN.

If you really want we could have a try, a small one like volume 7 and 14 ok? And then what about play CSV (maybe for a blitz-ladder game)?

I'm really busy till middle of July Starfighter, want to start immediately? As i remember the first turn is US/ARVN so take your time :)
Send this user an email
06-09-2012, 12:21 AM,

Ok...I think a CSV starting when you are free is ok for me. Once ready for gaming just mail me and we can start a ladder game.

06-17-2012, 01:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2012, 01:11 PM by Murphz.)
Ok, i'm free for CSV! The first turn is for VC/PAVN side so i'll mail you the turn this week. I'll write at the email indicated here at theBlitz ok?

The scenario is here http://www.the-strategist.net/RD/scenari...off&Id=651
Send this user an email
06-17-2012, 07:54 PM,

Ok! I'm ready to start! yes the mail address is what you read in my prophile.. :-)