• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Greetings
05-03-2012, 03:23 PM,
Greetings
Greetings All ~

Just a quick note to introduce myself; I signed up this evening and am looking forward to some lively PBEM in PCS or either of the Total War games, preferably. My inventory of PCS titles is fledgling at this time, though eventually I hope to collect them all.

Most of my experience with Tiller's games has been human vs computer, though my Evil Spawn and I square off on occasion when he can. I bought my first wargame back in '70 (AH's Kriegspiel, for those of you who remember) and I was hooked, collecting several AH and SPI games and gaming with a few like-minded souls in junior high & high school. Life happened and I had something of a hiatus for a number of years, but I have been delighted to discover the HPS line of games. Even better, they are cat-proof (mostly); the last board game (Anzio) I had set up with my son ended with a monstrous feline treading across the Italian peninsula in January, 1944 ;)

Please feel free to initiate a game with me or otherwise drop me a line; I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Zorak (Dave)
Omaha NE USA
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2012, 09:32 PM,
RE: Greetings
[Image: 184d2db54698212195206.0825098001326794638.gif]
05-04-2012, 05:02 AM,
(05-03-2012, 03:23 PM)zorak Wrote: Greetings All ~

Just a quick note to introduce myself; I signed up this evening and am looking forward to some lively PBEM in PCS or either of the Total War games, preferably. My inventory of PCS titles is fledgling at this time, though eventually I hope to collect them all.

Most of my experience with Tiller's games has been human vs computer, though my Evil Spawn and I square off on occasion when he can. I bought my first wargame back in '70 (AH's Kriegspiel, for those of you who remember) and I was hooked, collecting several AH and SPI games and gaming with a few like-minded souls in junior high & high school. Life happened and I had something of a hiatus for a number of years, but I have been delighted to discover the HPS line of games. Even better, they are cat-proof (mostly); the last board game (Anzio) I had set up with my son ended with a monstrous feline treading across the Italian peninsula in January, 1944 ;)

Please feel free to initiate a game with me or otherwise drop me a line; I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Zorak (Dave)
Omaha NE USA

Hello Dave,
Welcome to the Blitz and the TOC ladder, i hope you will a lot of fun having rediscovered serious wargaming, but on a cat proof PC! Big Grin

I remember reading an article in a magazine years ago about ways to stop your cat destroying your game by jumping up to see what was sooo intresting, but it seemed that just not having a cat was the only fool proof way! Big Grin
05-04-2012, 11:08 AM,
Welcome Dave. I sent you an email Helmet Smile
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
05-06-2012, 06:24 AM,
Welcome, Dave!

Hope to see you sometime on the field of conflict.

Kevin
05-08-2012, 06:25 AM,
Welcome back to the much-improved world of modern wargaming.

The Tiller titles rock. They take all that was good about games like Anzio, etc., and improve on them vastly.

And welcome to the Blitz!

Consider joining a tournament when one is announced. They're excellent for getting acquainted with other players, and even with a new title, if need be. (Maybe that's why I never win in tourneys... :rolleyes2: )

David
aka Liebchen