• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
05-01-2012, 08:27 AM,
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
(05-01-2012, 07:24 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: As to not be lost in this nice thread, I will post up my ROE's in a separate thread. Peace Pipe

Junk, I can look at a picture of food and gain weight. Farmer

Cheers5

HSL

Not a bad idea....The downside is in few years time the thread with ROE will be at the bottom of the stack and not readily visible

I was wondering if Dave managed to asses if it is feasible to have members ROE field in their profile. I am not thinking anything fancy. I think a simple text field ( for instance like "about me") could be added for members to list in short their ROEs, which could then as well refere to the proposed sticky which was proposed in this thread....

Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 08:43 AM,
(05-01-2012, 08:27 AM)PawelM Wrote: Not a bad idea....The downside is in few years time the thread with ROE will be at the bottom of the stack and not readily visible

I was wondering if Dave managed to asses if it is feasible to have members ROE field in their profile. I am not thinking anything fancy. I think a simple text field ( for instance like "about me") could be added for members to list in short their ROEs, which could then as well refere to the proposed sticky which was proposed in this thread....

If no one gives me a list of discussion points, I'll try to make one from all these and post it up as a sticky. We can always add to it.

I mentioned your idea of a personal ROE section on each member's profile page. I have yet to hear anything back, but will let you know if/when I do. It will come down to Raz's time constraints.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-01-2012, 09:00 AM,
(05-01-2012, 08:43 AM)Scud Wrote: I mentioned your idea of a personal ROE section on each member's profile page. I have yet to hear anything back, but will let you know if/when I do. It will come down to Raz's time constraints.

Dave

If Raz does not have the cycles to add a personal ROE section on each member's profile page, there already exists an "About Me" section. I believe it may be an underutilized section? Idea2

I see no reason why folks could not add their personal ROEs to the "About Me" section.

e.g. "I like to use the following ROEs in my CS PBeM matches..."

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM,
KK I clicked on your purple name and it took me a while to find the "About Me" section, but I think if that box will handle the amount of text required, it would be a good place for it.
05-01-2012, 06:51 PM,
Wouldn't my ROE thread be a perfect place for discussion?
Make it a sticky and others can add their personal ROEs to it?

Just a thought. Farmer

Or, cut the bullet headers out of my ROEs and post them up.

ROEs concerning:

Leaders
HQs
Assaults
Combat Units
Non Combat Units
etc.
etc.

cheers

HSL
05-01-2012, 07:06 PM,
(05-01-2012, 12:24 PM)junk2drive Wrote: KK I clicked on your purple name and it took me a while to find the "About Me" section, but I think if that box will handle the amount of text required, it would be a good place for it.

I did the same. Then I went to my profile and tried to edit the "about me" field. Only the signature could be edited and there is not enough room for ROEs. I wonder if the box below the signature box is a separate field?
Or, could it be made into a separate box large enough to handle a set of ROEs?

I did paste my ROEs into my personal notebook. But, that cannot be seen by other members.

Toast

HSL

05-01-2012, 07:41 PM,
That's why I would like to see a sticky reminding everyone to agree on these before the game.

Good discussion. I'll chip in to the other thread to keep it going.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-02-2012, 10:23 PM,
Ermm.... my inbox is empty - less talk, more playBig Grin2
05-02-2012, 10:49 PM,
(05-02-2012, 10:23 PM)Wolfman Wrote: Ermm.... my inbox is empty - less talk, more playBig Grin2

I am still waiting for the file from you I sent few weeks ago :)...
Does it need resnding again?

:cheers:

05-02-2012, 11:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2012, 11:13 PM by Kool Kat.)
(05-01-2012, 07:06 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote:
(05-01-2012, 12:24 PM)junk2drive Wrote: KK I clicked on your purple name and it took me a while to find the "About Me" section, but I think if that box will handle the amount of text required, it would be a good place for it.

I did the same. Then I went to my profile and tried to edit the "about me" field. Only the signature could be edited and there is not enough room for ROEs. I wonder if the box below the signature box is a separate field?

Gents: Smoke7

Click on Control Panel (upper right) > My Options > Change Options ...

Scroll down.

There is a large "About Me" text field that may be edited. The "About Me" text field displays below your signature in "Your Profile" page.

I've edited my "About Me" text field to read: "My personal ROEs will be listed here."

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email