• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 CP opponent sought - apply here.
04-26-2012, 05:01 AM,
RE: France '14 CP opponent sought - apply here.
(04-26-2012, 04:53 AM)burroughs Wrote: By the way the thread devolved into a discussion here albeit an interesting and rewarding one, but let me just remind You all kindly that I am looking for an opponent here. I just need to hire somebody.
Sorry to hijack your post, i really wish i had the time to give you a game, but i am struggling to find the time to complete the games i have going already.

By all means start a fresh thread if you think that will help find an opponent?
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2012, 05:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 05:51 AM by burroughs.)
(04-26-2012, 05:01 AM)Foul. Wrote:
(04-26-2012, 04:53 AM)burroughs Wrote: By the way the thread devolved into a discussion here albeit an interesting and rewarding one, but let me just remind You all kindly that I am looking for an opponent here. I just need to hire somebody.
Sorry to hijack your post, i really wish i had the time to give you a game, but i am struggling to find the time to complete the games i have going already.

By all means start a fresh thread if you think that will help find an opponent?

That explains nothing nor serves as justification for not picking up the glove - I am struggling myself and still on the lookout for something interesting appearing anew. But it's good as You're likely to turn out way too good for me and I am already getting a lot of beating on top of all the scenarios being played simultaneously so that is a sure distracter source.

I think anybody devoted enough and interested in the suibject is sure likely to find his way here by getting attracted by the discussion and many replies so I think it actually promotes my chances of finding an opponent finally ... I presume ... Helmet Rolleyes
04-29-2012, 02:16 AM,
Let's compromise and play Lanrezac the Defiant. 22 turns instead of 158 and about 1/5 the scale.
Send this user an email
04-29-2012, 03:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2012, 03:15 AM by burroughs.)
(04-29-2012, 02:16 AM)tquinn Wrote: Let's compromise and play Lanrezac the Defiant. 22 turns instead of 158 and about 1/5 the scale.

Sounds fine, looks great. However, I have just studied Your profile and it seems that our gaming styles differ in just one important aspect - the number of games played simultaneously and the turn rate. I may be slow for You with my usual turn rate of one per every four days and up to roughly two per weeks ( at best ). If You don't mind it - I have had problems regarding that issue once or twice here at the club and outside so I am loyally warning that I won't stand any harrassing by hurrying me. On the other hand You can rest assured that I won't back down, withdraw or drop the game before it gets concluded, even in face of some extremely grave situation and adverse conditions.Once You will have considered all that and decide in favour of finding what it is all about inpractice, feel free to set the game up and start hostilities officially. Vive la France!
04-29-2012, 03:22 AM,
Perfect. I'll play my first move today. Optional rules checked will be:

Recon Spotting
Virtual Supply Trucks
Low Visibility Air
Quality Fatigue
Limited Air
Programmed Weather
Night Fatigue

Just verify you are good with these. They are right from Ed's post on the forum:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=38745
Send this user an email
04-29-2012, 04:54 AM,
(04-29-2012, 03:22 AM)tquinn Wrote: Perfect. I'll play my first move today. Optional rules checked will be:

Recon Spotting
Virtual Supply Trucks
Low Visibility Air
Quality Fatigue
Limited Air
Programmed Weather
Night Fatigue

Just verify you are good with these. They are right from Ed's post on the forum:

Well,if Ed endorses them then I should be fine with those - we have already been having quite a formative discussion here as we all know.Nevertheless, I checked the link and recalled that the balanced gameplay was aimed at whereas my kind of wargaming is to emulate realism of the battlefield in terms of historic accuracy and not turn it more into a chessboard where, for instance, there is no such thing as a fog-of-war as everything is in plain sight.
Still the fact is that I would have checked myself the very same options so I am fine with Your selection.The only thing in question would be those virtual supply trucks - we have supply units in this one so why not explicit supply?I'd prefer that one to virtual ones.

Over.
04-29-2012, 05:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2012, 05:04 AM by Volcano Man.)
BTW, it has been brought to my attention by tquinn that in the Charleroi scenario there is a brigade of the German 13.Inf.Div that arrives as reinforcement in the northwest in the impassible area. This is a mistake on my part, in v1.02 update I narrowed the playing area so that all that irrelevant area in the northwest is now impassible but I forgot to remove the arrival of that unit. Just ignore them; bring them onto the map when they arrive and just leave them there as you cannot move them. Their mistaken arrival will not alter the outcome of the scenario.

Thanks for pointing that out, I will correct this small error in v1.03 in the future.
Send this user an email
04-29-2012, 07:01 AM,
I've made my move but did not see your last post before I did so no supply units. Just email your address and I'll send it to you.

(04-29-2012, 04:54 AM)burroughs Wrote:
(04-29-2012, 03:22 AM)tquinn Wrote: Perfect. I'll play my first move today. Optional rules checked will be:

Recon Spotting
Virtual Supply Trucks
Low Visibility Air
Quality Fatigue
Limited Air
Programmed Weather
Night Fatigue

Well,if Ed endorses them then I should be fine with those - we have already been having quite a formative discussion here as we all know.Nevertheless, I checked the link and recalled that the balanced gameplay was aimed at whereas my kind of wargaming is to emulate realism of the battlefield in terms of historic accuracy and not turn it more into a chessboard where, for instance, there is no such thing as a fog-of-war as everything is in plain sight.
Still the fact is that I would have checked myself the very same options so I am fine with Your selection.The only thing in question would be those virtual supply trucks - we have supply units in this one so why not explicit supply?I'd prefer that one to virtual ones.

Over.

Send this user an email