• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

[TYG tournament - General Discussion]
04-23-2012, 06:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2012, 06:03 PM by laska2k8.)
[TYG tournament - General Discussion]
The young guns tournament.
use this thread for comments.

max

schedules for day 1 are ready in the tounaments subforum.
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2012, 05:51 AM,
RE: [TYG tournament - General Discussion]
please take a look to the tournament thread, I did some changes.

- Units selection is manual (to deny unpredictable results)
- more details on schedule
04-27-2012, 06:37 AM,
I forfeit my entry to the tournament. I won't play against an opponent who shells my setup zones in the opening turn as marco just did in our game.
05-01-2012, 08:19 PM,
I just started playing again (car wreck) and am a newbie. Is the above complaint a rule. I have always felt that if the game let you do it - it is fair play.

Also, to hit setup zones would require emergency fire which is not very accurate and may well diminish your firepower when needed later in the game. The game let you do it but you might regret it later.

Am I wrong?

05-01-2012, 09:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 09:52 PM by Lazy Gun.)
(05-01-2012, 08:19 PM)Cobalt Wrote: I just started playing again (car wreck) and am a newbie. Is the above complaint a rule. I have always felt that if the game let you do it - it is fair play.

Also, to hit setup zones would require emergency fire which is not very accurate and may well diminish your firepower when needed later in the game. The game let you do it but you might regret it later.

Am I wrong?

I believe you can order a proper bombardment, with delivery <1 minute, in the set up turn. This simulates a pre-attack bombardment and as such should probably only be used by the attacker in an attack / defense battle.

Clearly in a meeting engagement this can be deadly and can effectively end the battle in the first turn.

I suspect most of the community would consider this tactic "gamey" as you should not be able to tell where the opponent has deployed unless you have played the map before.

I wouldn't play an opponent who used this tactic in a ME as I game to have fun not just win.
05-02-2012, 01:22 AM,
(05-01-2012, 09:44 PM)Lazy Gun Wrote:
(05-01-2012, 08:19 PM)Cobalt Wrote: I just started playing again (car wreck) and am a newbie. Is the above complaint a rule. I have always felt that if the game let you do it - it is fair play.

Am I wrong?

I believe you can order a proper bombardment, with delivery <1 minute, in the set up turn. This simulates a pre-attack bombardment and as such should probably only be used by the attacker in an attack / defense battle.

Clearly in a meeting engagement this can be deadly and can effectively end the battle in the first turn.

I suspect most of the community would consider this tactic "gamey" as you should not be able to tell where the opponent has deployed unless you have played the map before.

I wouldn't play an opponent who used this tactic in a ME as I game to have fun not just win.

Thank you I did not know that and will never do it... thxs
05-02-2012, 01:39 AM,
Yea its a low blow and no fun at all for the attackers, you may as well not even bother starting up the game if you plan on using preplanned
bombardment of the attackers setup zone. Ive also found that the falling rounds are the most accurate i've experienced and sometimes start to fall around 38-40 seconds in to the turn, so the second turn on emergency fire will be very accurate and wont allow any reasonable time for the attackers to bug out. I suspect even a heavy or medium bombardment across a long linear target for bigger maps will still do considerable damage to the attacker.

Though I think it can be used properly in attacking like using linear targets on harass setting depending on map size to keep the defender on edge and not let them get comfy hopefully lowering morale without exposing your forces before attacking. Or setting a 5 or 10 minute delay with harass on some key terrain you don't want the defender or even attacker to occupy. Either way I think most in this fine community have a general idea of how to conduct a good and fun battle and don't necessarily jump on the idea to exploit or take advantage of a game mechanic or opponents for the sake of etiquette and enjoyment.
05-04-2012, 06:41 AM,

update the tournament thread with comments after recent defections.
06-11-2012, 12:14 AM,
Looks like one game finished up but your game with ironhorse is still on going. Marco and I never did get our game started. Do we still have time? Or should we just take the bye into the next round since both of our opponents quit the tourney?
06-13-2012, 07:17 PM,
(06-11-2012, 12:14 AM)eniced73 Wrote: Looks like one game finished up but your game with ironhorse is still on going. Marco and I never did get our game started. Do we still have time? Or should we just take the bye into the next round since both of our opponents quit the tourney?

I think that you have still time to begin a new game, I'm always looking for feedback by others players.